Loving my SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ADK46er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum. Just bought a new 2016 SSV a couple months ago and loving it! Reading the forum I didn't realize the PPV's also came in 4W. I love the black rim look and have thought about either painting mine or getting another set.
I did put on a Rhino push bar that I plan on placing some extra lights.
Funny story, I got a speeding ticket a few weekends ago from a PA state cop. He was pretty cool with me and gave me a break. I thought for sure he was going ask about the vehicle but he didn't. My last car was a Porsche and I never got a ticket driving it and I didn't have this for a month and got one.
Anyway, glad to be in the seat of my SSV.

sfc_jones

Reaction score
I would ditch the Rhino push bar. They are not made very well and the bolts start to rust pretty quick. I removed mine and put a ranch hand on mine and never looked back. Far better protection.

OP
OP
ADK46er

ADK46er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would ditch the Rhino push bar. They are not made very well and the bolts start to rust pretty quick. I removed mine and put a ranch hand on mine and never looked back. Far better protection.

When I was installing it I was noticed and was worried about the future rust issue. I liked the flat middle horizontal bar for auxiliary light mounting.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the forum. Just bought a new 2016 SSV a couple months ago and loving it!

Funny story, I got a speeding ticket a few weekends ago from a PA state cop. He was pretty cool with me and gave me a break. I thought for sure he was going ask about the vehicle but he didn't. My last car was a Porsche and I never got a ticket driving it and I didn't have this for a month and got one.
Anyway, glad to be in the seat of my SSV.

In my neck of the woods the Leos seem to stop the Porsche a lot..So far have not seen a Tahoe,Suburban,Yukon or Escalade being stopped..That even goes on my I-95 trips from Miami-NYC.

Definitely sounds like your 2016 SSV is a perfect fit for you!!

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The original post says he bought it new. Aren't there restrictions on the SSVs like there are on the PPVs?

The restrictions are at best suggestions.

Once a vehicle is falling off a dealer's floorplan all bets are off.

BUT, a dealer shouldn't/can't give a non-fleet buyer the fleet discount credit so a non-fleet buyer will face a higher cost than a fleet buyer.

If you watch cars.com or autotrader.com later in each model year you'll see dealers all across the country start offering fleet models (PPV/SSV) on their retail sites.

Source: I was haggling with a few dealers on PPVs and SSVs when an unbeatable deal on an LS presented itself locally. May have helped that I was a cash buyer.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The restrictions are at best suggestions.

Once a vehicle is falling off a dealer's floorplan all bets are off.

BUT, a dealer shouldn't/can't give a non-fleet buyer the fleet discount credit so a non-fleet buyer will face a higher cost than a non-fleet buyer.

If you watch cars.com or autotrader.com later in each model year you'll see dealers all across the country start offering fleet models (PPV/SSV) on their retail sites.

Source: I was haggling with a few dealers on PPVs and SSVs when an unbeatable deal on an LS presented itself locally. May have helped that I was a cash buyer.
Tahoe or Suburban LS? What options did you get if any? I have the safety package and tow hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts