loud ticking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
George, did they also replace the VLOM and valve cover (depends on year)? Which part numbers for the lifters did they use?
looks like i was wrong in my above statement. I pasted a picture below of the parts and part #'s
3c4YjVQ.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh yeah, somehow I missed that! But that's half, they left the non De-Ac lifters in and one of those could be ticking. Not going to hurt anything, just annoying. Those De-Ac lifters are the latest Delphi II and more reliable than the previous ones.

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ohh yeah, somehow I missed that! But that's half, they left the non De-Ac lifters in and one of those could be ticking. Not going to hurt anything, just annoying. Those De-Ac lifters are the latest Delphi II and more reliable than the previous ones.
Good to know! Appreciate the info!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's it been driving since the repairs?

Mine has started ticking a little more often and lasting a lot longer than usual.
I'm wondering if it's time for me to start gathering parts for a DOD delete sooner than later.

OP
OP

1badbowtie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's it been driving since the repairs?

Mine has started ticking a little more often and lasting a lot longer than usual.
I'm wondering if it's time for me to start gathering parts for a DOD delete sooner than later.
sorry it's been a while! i didn't get a message saying i had a new reply!

it's been driving good. Still a slight ticking noise. I brought it back and spoke with my service writer and the tech who worked on my truck said "we wanted to replace more, but GM only covers what's broken". Basically saying that there's nothing wrong, but there is something making a noise. Kinda disappointing response, but they just kept telling me "don't worry, you're still in warranty".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442