Loud pop when making a quick left turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rs657f

Reaction score
I have a suspension issue i am assuming. I know it can vary since there are some many parts in the front that could make noise but bare with me here lol. About two days ago I started getting a creak sound when i went over speed bumps so i decided to tighten up my end links. While doing that i noticed the upper control arm binded a bit. The noise is pretty embarrassing. It pops/clunk going over speed bumps and pops/clunk when i make a hard left turn. All from the driver side. Any thoughts on what this could point to? The tie rods look decent. I yanked on tie rods, end links and bounced on the car while it was on the ground but i cant get that pop sound again. I read that end links could make this sound as well going over bumps so im at a dead end here. btw its 96 2wd

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upper control arm ball joint, drivers engine mount, body mount. All could be it. Start with the control arm.

OP
OP
R

rs657f

Reaction score
dammit i figured it be a witch hunt.. ill start with those parts, this pop literally started a few days ago. can i replace the control arm bushings instead of replacing the entire piece? it doesnt seem bent. Thanks

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the ball joint of my upper control arm that makes the noise. I have changed them twice but it always happens again. I am suffering from it now. I put Velcro on a old iPhone I had and hooked it to the top of the fender liner. Set it to record and then make the maneuver that makes the noise. No need for it to be a witch hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts