Loss of brake pressure/tight right turns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeucesAllin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When i make a 90* right turn, brake pedal will go to the floor for the next few feet.

No fluid loss. New mc/booster and hoses have not eliminated the problem.

When wheels were last off, the hub/bearing showed no play, but was not removed.

Is this a hub or caliper?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hydrabooster or vacuum? I'm going to assume vacuum.

Hub won't effect brake pedal resistance/travel

OP
OP
D

DeucesAllin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dropped and Vacuum boosted.

34.5" at all 4 corners, IIRC.
Coilovers on factory C arms up front. Coil drop out back.

OP
OP
D

DeucesAllin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hydrabooster or vacuum? I'm going to assume vacuum.

Hub won't effect brake pedal resistance/travel
To be clear:

Let's say I want Carl's Jr. I get to the drive through entrance and coasting, whip the wheel in.

Whatever brakes I have applied going in will be there...but if i apply anymore it goes to the floor.

I panic pump it 2x and have pressure on the third...or if I DON'T pump it for brake pressure, and drive off, the next time I brake- it will floor.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it would be the MC just due to the fact it's not constant and only after a hard right turn. The only thing that seems like it may be possibly an issue is the driver side brake hose which would stretch out when you turn right. If there is a tear acting as a check valve when it straightens out as the caliper is pulled away from the frame turning right? That's very intriguing scenario you have lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple solution: Don't eat Carl's Jr.

Fo real, tho, I think your caliper is being squished into something when you turn that much. It's forcing the brake fluid out of the caliper so you have to pump it back in when you straighten out the wheel. Turn hard right and take a look under there. Might wanna check out both sides, but since the calipers are "behind" the rotors, the right side would be where any pinching would happen when turning right. Might even have to have someone crank the wheel off and on while you watch.

OP
OP
D

DeucesAllin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Balljoints are toast ... mucho camber...
I'm thinking BJs.