Loose steering feel, lower steering shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Truestyle Scott
Reaction score
This is a 1" spring booster. Could be straightened to go along the rack but this works great for me.

IMG_20160224_145318750.jpg

OP
OP
Truestyle Scott
Reaction score
Did you get a 1" one? I think they are readily available from any parts store if anyone else is looking. 1" works, any more and its overkill and might hurt the rack.

OP
OP
Truestyle Scott
Reaction score
Yes 1"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Youll have to fill me in on what you are having problems with. Do you have the loose rack like i did and have that loose rattle feel in the steering wheel at low speeds? Youre going to love it when you fix it, day and night difference, cheap fix and easy to do. Let me know how it goes

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Youll have to fill me in on what you are having problems with. Do you have the loose rack like i did and have that loose rattle feel in the steering wheel at low speeds? Youre going to love it when you fix it, day and night difference, cheap fix and easy to do. Let me know how it goes

I have to check my rack for looseness but with your quick fix I can't go wrong regardless. I mostly have loose steering on turns which I contribute to bad sway bar links. I will change those out this weekend along with the coil booster fix under the rack.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
My rack didn't have any looseness but I put the coil booster in anyway. I tried to straighten it as much as I could.

fb09ec00b71d84048362dcd2f9da045b.jpg

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part coil Booster are you guys getting?