Loose/sagging leather on center console armrest & adding wireless charging to it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I started looking for a 2015 Escalade or Denali, I'd see a decent number of center arm rests that looked like the leather was rumpled, sagging or loose. That is the case with the one I bought. Though this is a picture of a different type of armrest, it is the same principle;

AiFNCkJCzW1rqKhs4Hvkn0zNByf-eVGcJ82lwrHXFqB62qg9_g.jpg

I am wondering if anyone had this issue and corrected it without having to replace the leather itself, which seems fine wear wise.

Also, my early build 2015 Escalade did not come with the wireless charging built into the center of the console. Has anyone either swapped out the the top portion with one from a wrecked/damaged 2015.5 or above?
Or maybe taken the guts out of one and swapped it?
If not, any way to add it with the right components into my existing one?

Here is a lid from an early build 2015 with some of the type of sagging I described and lack of wireless charging pad;

cadillac_escalade-pic-6990833523348662931-1024x768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to protect your leather seats - Window Tint. It’s cheaper to pay the fines if your state doesn’t allowed than to fix your leather

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to protect your leather seats - Window Tint. It’s cheaper to pay the fines if your state doesn’t allowed than to fix your leather

Now I could be wrong, but I don't think the sag is actually from the sun. Normally damage from the sun involves fading and the like, yet the leather seems fine other than not being taut. At least one service adviser said it is from body sweat or even cream/oils people put on their skin where their arms rest on the leather.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would definitely describe Caddy owners, creams/oils. LOL.

Indeed

This one came from up north, so the service adviser speculated people trying to keep their skin supple had used cream which got into the leather.

He also noticed a stink bug in the cabin, and said they are a problem up north. He said not to squash it inside the cabin. Needless to say I had no intention of doing so. That is the 3rd one I've seen and removed so far inside, so there must be a nest of the buggers somewhere. I will need to bait them to get them to come out from wherever they are hiding.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you can buy the pad separately for about $100, part #22881398 ,color black, doing a Google search.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed

This one came from up north, so the service adviser speculated people trying to keep their skin supple had used cream which got into the leather.

He also noticed a stink bug in the cabin, and said they are a problem up north. He said not to squash it inside the cabin. Needless to say I had no intention of doing so. That is the 3rd one I've seen and removed so far inside, so there must be a nest of the buggers somewhere. I will need to bait them to get them to come out from wherever they are hiding.

Sorry, off topic-

Stink bugs love to winter-over in warm-ish cracks send crevices. Come spring, on a nice warm day, open up your rig and let them fly away. I have yet to find a bait/trap that will work for them.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently added wireless charging to my 2016 Suburban & 2010 Tahoe. Here's a good video showing you how to take off the underside of the lid for access on the 2016: www.youtube.com/watch?v=60K89WPLDbk

While I appreciate the video, I had seen that one before. He appears to be taking an existing wireless set up and modifying it to fit larger phones.
Mine, as you can see from the last picture I posted has a different size pad, and is devoid on any existing wireless charging, nor I suspect the requisite wiring. So while it might help in understanding how to remove the bottom piece, I am not sure if I will need to rig an external wireless charger under the pad, assuming one would fit. Plus since my phone is a Samsung 8+, I have no idea if it will fit or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec