Loose Red Wire Driver Side Wheel Well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was changing brakes and noticed this red wire dangling that is not connected to anything but should be. Any idea where this connects to?

Looking down under under the hood....

IMG_3542_zps0n9uqsnw.jpg

Looking from drier side wheel well...

IMG_3543_zps0plxkesu.jpg

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same wire but it's taped up. Not sure what its for but being that it was crusty when I got the truck, I just left it unhooked. I'm guessing it's aux power for something.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was changing brakes and noticed this red wire dangling that is not connected to anything but should be. Any idea where this connects to?

Looking down under under the hood....

IMG_3542_zps0n9uqsnw.jpg

Looking from drier side wheel well...

IMG_3543_zps0plxkesu.jpg

I've got the same wire but it's taped up. Not sure what its for but being that it was crusty when I got the truck, I just left it unhooked. I'm guessing it's aux power for something.

That's a wise choice my friend!

That is one of the wires that gets hooked up to one of the two studs on the front of your fuse box under the hood to give power to your 7 pin trailer connector and your brake controller wiring that is located under the drivers side of the dash. There should be a second red wire bundled with tape in front of the fuse box. They have different size lug terminals on them that correspond to the different sized studs that I mentioned earlier.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one of the wires that gets hooked up to one of the two studs on the front of your fuse box under the hood to give power to your 7 pin trailer connector and your brake controller wiring that is located under the drivers side of the dash. There should be a second red wire bundled with tape in front of the fuse box. They have different size lug terminals on them that correspond to the different sized studs that I mentioned earlier.

Good to know. Appreciate it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I had no idea, my comment was just trying to make a funny about his avatar. Nobody got it tho :smh:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

X2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal