Looking to put 2015 seats into my 2008, anyone know if they'll fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2008 PPV that's missing a rear seat and I have a line on a 2015 rear seat fresh out of a new PPV. I won't have the chance until next week to drive 2hrs for a test fit. Anyone know if the seats will bolt in or if the mounts were moved? My ultimate goal would be to get matching front seats as well if they do.

Any input would be great. I just don't want to waste my time if someone out there has already tried to upgrade.

OP
OP
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get access to some 2015 rear seats I'll let you know. I can't get a straight answer and a local seller off ebay wants me to make an offer before I meet up to test fit.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, similar component part numbers between a 2011, and a 2015 are different. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't work, but it does add a level of complexity to the mix.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you that they won't drop into place and bolt right up like they're meant to be there, however they may be close enough that some minor modification is all that's needed.

However, I'm assuming that 2015 means the newest and current body style Tahoe. If they ran some PPVs as 2015s but they are still '07-'14 GMT-900 body style (it's not like GM hasn't done this before), then the seats should be a direct fit.

OP
OP
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an update on this. I just picked up a few sets of 2015/2016 rear seats and they do in fact do right into the trick abs bolt right up! Only issue is the seat belt buckle and latch changes slightly going in 2015. The latch is about 1/8" narrower so you'll need to find some belts or replace the latches on the seats. The middle belt is fully integrated though so it works flawlessly.

Having said all that I've got a few extra seats for anyone wanting one.

Dirty 30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the height and width the same? Can you send some pics of how the 2015 seats look in the 2008? I want to put a bench seat in my 2009 Escalade and was about to remove my 2015 PPV rear seat bench to try it out. Luckily I found this thread haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu