Looking to purchase this escalade, thoughts on price.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And anyone that has a mortgage on a $300K home and is buying a $100K vehicle is doing it wrong.
This is true if you live somewhere with a higher cost of living. But say Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, New Mexico, a $300-400k house is super nice and a lot of people have Escalades and Range Rovers.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I was pretty dumb to buy it. It's a expensive tin can that everything breaks on not worth 80k in my book. At this point I could go pick up an old expedition with 200,000 miles on it for dirt cheap and it would be more reliable than this. I know many people who run old vehicles with high mileage that don't have near the amount of problems. Value is what the consumer perceives and I don't see these the same as before I owned one, if I were to get another they'd have to pay me to take it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true if you live somewhere with a higher cost of living. But say Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, New Mexico, a $300-400k house is super nice and a lot of people have Escalades and Range Rovers.

That's fair. I guess as long as the vehicle price isn't more than 20% of your take home then it doesn't really matter.

ta08hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2001 mustang gt convertible with 190k for 2000$ not running put a fuel pump in it and was driving it next day lowered it new headlights grill delete tune up and x pipe still driving it as a dd has 200k and not one hicup

ta08hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm all about high mileage but the rebuild dpsnt scare me looking forward to it in fact going forged and boost when it dies

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think I was pretty dumb to buy it. It's a expensive tin can that everything breaks on not worth 80k in my book. At this point I could go pick up an old expedition with 200,000 miles on it for dirt cheap and it would be more reliable than this. I know many people who run old vehicles with high mileage that don't have near the amount of problems. Value is what the consumer perceives and I don't see these the same as before I owned one, if I were to get another they'd have to pay me to take it.

Wouldn't you say the older body style Suburbans (and variants) were better quality, like the Expeditions you reference? I still see tons of old Suburbans on the road.

Also interesting that you look at these vehicles so differently now. I probably would too if I went through the issues you did with yours. So what's your plan to replace your Denali? New Expy? Or old Expy perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I would like to trade in when the 18' Expedition comes out. That being said I don't mind the current gen either. I like the FX4 and I like the Platinum. I would agree the older suburbans were a well built truck with less headaches. It seems the 00-06' models were very good still see a lot of them around and it doesn't seem they have the quality issues and defects the newer models suffer from.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout