Looking to purchase this escalade, thoughts on price.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for the price of a Denali you get an engine with more torque and HP as well as independent rear suspension, better sound system, better rear entertainment options, more interior room, more cargo room and a 10 speed tranny.

Seems reasonable to me.

Haha, yes your right. And don't forget, better technology all around (360 degree surround vision, autonomous stop/start cruise control, pedestrian stop,...), and that beautiful panoramic sunroof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I personally believe you have a lot more room to negotiate on a 2017, given we're in September. 2017's are dropping faster in value every day and the dealer knows this. Also there are plenty of 2017's still available on lots so you're in a good position to negotiate.

I offered 80k out the door on a model listed for 85k and you'd think I asked for their first born. These models are sitting on the lot and 18s are coming in, the dealers aren't budging. Fortunately, I'm in no hurry to purchase so I'll keep playing the waiting game.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offered 80k out the door on a model listed for 85k and you'd think I asked for their first born. These models are sitting on the lot and 18s are coming in, the dealers aren't budging. Fortunately, I'm in no hurry to purchase so I'll keep playing the waiting game.

I would definitely wait for them to call you back, which they will. I don't know if you live close to a major city but if you do just swing by a higher volume dealer that loves to move cars.

OP
OP
O

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im in Boston and have reached out to Goldcoast in NJ, Sewell in Dallas, and a couple of local dealers. All have the same attitude of not budging much off the msrp...very strange.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in Boston and have reached out to Goldcoast in NJ, Sewell in Dallas, and a couple of local dealers. All have the same attitude of not budging much off the msrp...very strange.

In a month when gas prices are spiking and 18's are flooding the lots, I bet they'll be more interested in moving them.

jesse53

Reaction score
In the late 1970s my folks bought their first home for $33k is memory serves. I bought my first in the early 1990s for just under a $100k. Suburbans back then were $30k.
I bought my fannie mae Florida home in 2014 for $44,500.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find homes for 80k... maybe not a nice place but will still have plumbing,electricity,and oh this is a big one shelter, HVAC, living space, and you'll have equity. These have a 12 volt battery and an engine with a tin can body thrown on top that will rust away in a decade and they want 80k... not complaining just kinda putting it into perspective how dumb we all are to pay it. We love our vehicles but we overpay these days big time. As much as we tell ourselves the options make it worth it it's just more cheap plastic parts thrown on top that will wear out... wow that's kind of a negative outlook on the subject. Just thinking out loud on screen here.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the late 1970s my folks bought their first home for $33k is memory serves. I bought my first in the early 1990s for just under a $100k. Suburbans back then were $30k.
I paid $21k for a 1991 Chev Suburban Silverado 2500 4x4 fully loaded (brand new) from what was then Klawans Chevrolet.

OP
OP
O

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can find homes for 80k... maybe not a nice place but will still have plumbing,electricity,and oh this is a big one shelter, HVAC, living space, and you'll have equity. These have a 12 volt battery and an engine with a tin can body thrown on top that will rust away in a decade and they want 80k... not complaining just kinda putting it into perspective how dumb we all are to pay it. We love our vehicles but we overpay these days big time. As much as we tell ourselves the options make it worth it it's just more cheap plastic parts thrown on top that will wear out... wow that's kind of a negative outlook on the subject. Just thinking out loud on screen here.

Not sure about any of us being dumb to pay these prices, it's what's on the market that we desire. Short of designing and building your own vehicle this is what's out there for the money we're willing to spend. The key is how much you can afford to spend, in our case we were saving for years so as to make an outright purchase without any financing. The cost of living has increased and a house that costs $40k in one region of the country can easily cost 2x somewhere else...location, location, location...as the saying goes.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about any of us being dumb to pay these prices, it's what's on the market that we desire. Short of designing and building your own vehicle this is what's out there for the money we're willing to spend. The key is how much you can afford to spend, in our case we were saving for years so as to make an outright purchase without any financing. The cost of living has increased and a house that costs $40k in one region of the country can easily cost 2x somewhere else...location, location, location...as the saying goes.

And anyone that has a mortgage on a $300K home and is buying a $100K vehicle is doing it wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal