Looking to purchase this escalade, thoughts on price.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Looking to purchase this vehicle from Gold Coast in NJ and asked for their invoice, see attached

I'm in Boston and they're quoting me an out-the-door price of $86,840 based on an invoice price of $80,010.46. Seeing that the 18's are hitting the lot, how much negotiating power do I have to reduce this number.

Thanks,
O2bwln

O2bwlninvoice.jpg

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
the holdback and the approx. wholesale credit stuff is their profit and who really knows how much that is, the car has been on their lot for six months and I assume they are paying the floor plan I'm sure they are ready to dump the unit. look at the msrp versus the invoice amount. I would walk or better yet run.

on a side note that's more than I paid for my house 29 years ago!

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad when you think about it that SUVs are more money than small houses... something's going on here. I was looking at the 18' expy and I noticed for the first time ever Ford will have a higher MSRP than GM it starts at $52,000 for their base model.... talk about overpriced.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad when you think about it that SUVs are more money than small houses... something's going on here. I was looking at the 18' expy and I noticed for the first time ever Ford will have a higher MSRP than GM it starts at $52,000 for their base model.... talk about overpriced.

And if you all all the "right stuff" at the Platinum trim, it's hitting $83k. That's a tad more than the Yukon XL Denali I looked at yesterday...it's also Mercedes GLS money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Looking to purchase this vehicle from Gold Coast in NJ and asked for their invoice, see attached

I'm in Boston and they're quoting me an out-the-door price of $86,840 based on an invoice price of $80,010.46. Seeing that the 18's are hitting the lot, how much negotiating power do I have to reduce this number.

Thanks,
O2bwln

O2bwlnView attachment 182685

I personally believe you have a lot more room to negotiate on a 2017, given we're in September. 2017's are dropping faster in value every day and the dealer knows this. Also there are plenty of 2017's still available on lots so you're in a good position to negotiate.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the late 1970s my folks bought their first home for $33k is memory serves. I bought my first in the early 1990s for just under a $100k. Suburbans back then were $30k.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you all all the "right stuff" at the Platinum trim, it's hitting $83k. That's a tad more than the Yukon XL Denali I looked at yesterday...it's also Mercedes GLS money.

And for the price of a Denali you get an engine with more torque and HP as well as independent rear suspension, better sound system, better rear entertainment options, more interior room, more cargo room and a 10 speed tranny.

Seems reasonable to me.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the late 1970s my folks bought their first home for $33k is memory serves. I bought my first in the early 1990s for just under a $100k. Suburbans back then were $30k.

I'm sure that's all true. But finding a detached home, that's not squalor, for $80k today is impossible.

Unless you live in a ****** area.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just a few years ago during the recession home prices in nice neighborhoods were above and below $80k here on the Treasure Coast. They've since tripled or more to pre recession prices.

As for the OP, I think he can save a few more thousand but if the truck is exactly how he wants it, then he should buy it. It will probably bug him more in letting his perfect truck get away than saving a few dollars a month in the grand scheme of things.

I was trying to hold out until summer to buy my truck but was forced to make a purchase sooner. In the end I saved thousands anyway and got a truck I'm well pleased with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14