Looking to buy a 2000-Newer CHEVY TAHOE / GMC YUKON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laballer05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, Looking to buy a 2000 or newer Chevy Tahoe or GMC Yukon and I was hoping for some advice.

I was originally budgeting around 2500-3500 for this car so here are my questions:
1) Is this a reasonable budget for a car with less than 200k miles?
2) I have been checking apps such as offerup and letgo, any other platform suggestions?
3) is the budget worth increasing to go to a Z71 model?
4) what are some things to look for in these cars when buying used
5) how many miles would be "too many" when buying a used tahoe/yukon

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Stick

Reaction score
I acquired a 2000 Denali recently and if i had the choice again i wouldn't do it. Trying to figure out all the leftovers they used to build this thing has been problematic to say the least. Every time i try to do a search for practicality anything, it's almost like the thing didn't exist because what parts i see listed as being for this model year, aren't. Pain in the ass really. I wanted the barn doors so that why i went with this one but that preference has come back on me and left me with one big silver puzzle to sort through. Get an '02 or newer I'd suggest but be wary of the shit heads they were running with for awhile there. Hopefully b'02 GM, or those so called engineers got their heads out of their *****. Unless you're planning on a RV towing beast (6lL) I'd get the 5.3 and save your wallet and your wifs sanity.

Stick

Reaction score
I acquired a 2000 Denali recently and if i had the choice again i wouldn't do it. Trying to figure out all the leftovers they used to build this thing has been problematic to say the least. Every time i try to do a search for practicality anything, it's almost like the thing didn't exist because what parts i see listed as being for this model year, aren't. Pain in the ass really. I wanted the barn doors so that why i went with this one but that preference has come back on me and left me with one big silver puzzle to sort through. Get an '02 or newer I'd suggest but be wary of the shit heads they were running with for awhile there. Hopefully b'02 GM, or those so called engineers got their heads out of their *****. Unless you're planning on a RV towing beast (6lL) I'd get the 5.3 and save your wallet and your wifs sanity.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Z-71 Is a great model. the 5.3 has a lack of power but there is many thing to do that can fix that no problem.

OP
OP
L

laballer05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help...I think '02 and above would be ideal...

Still searching for the right car

riccotxtre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, Looking to buy a 2000 or newer Chevy Tahoe or GMC Yukon and I was hoping for some advice.

I was originally budgeting around 2500-3500 for this car so here are my questions:
1) Is this a reasonable budget for a car with less than 200k miles?
2) I have been checking apps such as offerup and letgo, any other platform suggestions?
3) is the budget worth increasing to go to a Z71 model?
4) what are some things to look for in these cars when buying used
5) how many miles would be "too many" when buying a used tahoe/yukon

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

riccotxtre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2000 Yukon xl1500 slt 1 owner tow pkg. Leather heated seats 5.3l recent tune up new a.c. 145k white on tan. Registered 4wd asking 3800 excellent shape. 9168716391 leave message I'll call right back ( at work). Super clean my name is Rich

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alec, finding what your looking for may be tough, myself, I would be more concerned with buying from an ORIGINAL owner if possible. That's the ONLY way you will get the straight scoop on a vehicle.
David g.............:2cents:

riccotxtre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have 2000 Yukon XL1500 1 owner family for sale. White on tan leather pwr seats,heated. Well maintaned with 145k. No issues. Tow package , privacy glass 9168716391.

Lew Schiller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my 02 Yukon XL 1500 from the second owner who had it on Craigslist.
Very well maintained. Clean Carfax. Has some minor needs but at 148,000 and 16 years old that's to be expected.
Paid $3,500