Looking for that one that upgraded their hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm almost positive there's somebody here crazy enough to upgrade their hybrid. Tellem I'm looking for em and I got questions for em like:

What sound system wise did you upgrade
What did you lose if anything by upgrading.
Any special harness other than whats out there from non hybrid models.

I really wanna upgrade this system but nothing too crazy. The way I see it is I either change the HU and add a 300w powered sub to the factory speakers or keep factory HU, add a SP, a 5ch x 50w + 300 Amp and sub alongside factory speakers. Thanks in advance.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ones don it because the hybrid system goes through the unit. This question gets asked a bunch but no one ever says if they did/didn't do it.

I would do something like the JL Audio clean sweep to an aftermarket system and keep the stock unit

redeknightjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added a box with 12's and 1000w amp with a capacitor. No issues at all

1SG Retired

Reaction score
The stock head is perfectly fine, i'm running 4x 12"s and an 8" with 2000W at my finger tips. The hybrid is an advantage most people don't know. We don't have alternators but the hybrid system can provide 80+ amps for what ever you need.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock head is perfectly fine, i'm running 4x 12"s and an 8" with 2000W at my finger tips. The hybrid is an advantage most people don't know. We don't have alternators but the hybrid system can provide 80+ amps for what ever you need.

You know what? Im actually fine too with the stock HU . I'll just change out the doors , center and add a sub. + a 5 CH 800 rms amp. Nothing fancy.

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Excuse me for asking, but what's the purpose of the 8" sub. being you have 4(12" s) already?

OP
OP
Ob1hybrid

Ob1hybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Stock hu, did u use a clean sweep or what?

Reaction score
Coming from the Stock hu, did u use a clean sweep or what?

I used the PAC AOEM-GM1416 it plugs in your stock stereo and gives you perfect rca outputs, it was the simple solution so i didn't have to splice any wires
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=366&CategoryID=28

AOEM-GM1416.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish