looking for GREAT Yukon Mechanics in NC/SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am located in the Charlotte area and I am looking for some referrals on mechanics you guys know and trust for Yukon Vortec engines. I have a 2000 Yukon Denali, 268K miles. The car sat for 3 years (I know WORST thing) now I'm trying to get it back on the road. Engine now has rod bearing problems and the transmission started having problems going into gear when it's cold in the morning. NEVER SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THAT FLUID. Other wise the car is in great condition.

I've had it for 8 years and I love it. I work out of the car, travel a lot, carry a lot in it, use it for towing, and use the 4x4 regularly in the winter.

:emotions133: After spending a few days looking at replacements, I've decided to replace the engine (if necessary), transmission (if necessary) and keep on going.

I know its worth saving. I want to find someone who really knows these cars, instead of someone who will just take a quick listen and say, "Oh yeah, you need to replace it. Next?" I don't mind taking it a little distance, for a VOTEC phd.

Any suggestions??

OP
OP
L

lisach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome....
I need to modify the note. The transmission isn't having problems shifting. It shifts without a problem. It just seems like it doesn't want to go. This may be due to the engine problems I park on a hill and I hate to gun it with the rod problems.

I have decided to sell the car. Know anyone who is looking for a denali? Other than the motor the car is in pretty decent shape. Very acceptable for the age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep