Looking for advice on lowering 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i always tell people id rather see someone wait up and save more money and get great results on a lowering kit then save few bucks and gets something and then they say "i should of saved up my money to get the other kit"

whenever your ready give me a call im always around to help

memphizhoe

Reaction score
As much as I really want to go the cheap route, my gut is telling me to follow your advice NORCAL SS. With that said I'll need to wait until the end of January to purchase the suggested kit.

Thanks
Trust me man you will not regret it. I started out with the crown kit and it was just awful. Bouncy rear .

OP
OP
M

mister2driver

Reaction score
Ok it looks like I need to hold off even longer on getting the lowering kit.
I just had my transmission serviced and from looking on the pan, there was a good amount of muck.
Something evidently grinded away. The service guy said the lower gears are fine but he suspects 4th gear may go out soon.
I may just drive it until it breaks and then get it rebuilt. Spending $700 on the kit and then my tranny goes out wouldn't be a good situation.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just had my transmission serviced and from looking on the pan, there was a good amount of muck.
Something evidently grinded away. The service guy said the lower gears are fine but he suspects 4th gear may go out soon.
I may just drive it until it breaks and then get it rebuilt. Spending $700 on the kit and then my tranny goes out wouldn't be a good situation.

Agreed. I'd start saving now, and shopping around for a trans shop and deciding what you want to upgrade to. It's just a matter of time until it goes.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Damn transmission...been there, done that. Blew mine after installing my blower, too much boost lol.

OP
OP
M

mister2driver

Reaction score
Sucks that I purchased factory 18" tahoe rims a few weeks back. My tires are at 20%.
Getting the lowering kit, getting shocks done, and slapping on the rims was the plan. Along with an alignment I was set to roll in 2018.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne