Looking for advice on lowering 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you use spindels then you will need 20" rims or you have to cut the bolts and even then it's very close. I did a 4 4 and have 20" rims. If you use the drop keys then any size will work. View attachment 187217
I ran 17's last winter with 2" spindles but it took quite a bit of grinding after I cut the bolts flush with the nuts. But anything less than 20's on a 2/4 drop is just not cool anyway lol.

OP
OP
M

mister2driver

Reaction score
I’m trying to go cheap and stay under $500 with the shocks. My wife gonna give me crap for doing it. Heck, I need to do something for me once in a while.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to go cheap and stay under $500 with the shocks. My wife gonna give me crap for doing it. Heck, I need to do something for me once in a while.
I have a set of rear Belltech coils for sale.

OP
OP
M

mister2driver

Reaction score
ive done hundreds of these kits. the set up I highly suggest you get the rear endlinks/bumpstops like i have in my kits.

let me start off what is your budget?

I’m trying to spend no more than $500 including shocks.
I seen crown suspension with an affordable kit. Any thoughts on them??

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m trying to spend no more than $500 including shocks.
I seen crown suspension with an affordable kit. Any thoughts on them??
I've used them on my 03, 2-4 drop with front keys and rear springs with relocated shock brackets. It works fine for me. @Sevenevez has the same setup iirc. No problems so far.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i dont have anything for 500 but i know the below will ride better than crown since i also am a crown dealer but dont use their items anymore.

Front djm keys
front/rear belltech sp shocks
rear belltech 3-4 kit with extenders and my endlinks and bumpstops
675 shipped and your set to go.

MAKE SURE TO DO FREE TRAVEL MOD

OP
OP
M

mister2driver

Reaction score
As much as I really want to go the cheap route, my gut is telling me to follow your advice NORCAL SS. With that said I'll need to wait until the end of January to purchase the suggested kit.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh