Looking at 97 OBS Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Not sure if I will get some shit for asking this or not but o well. I'm looking at getting a cheap 97 OBS Silverado Ext Cab. Not sure on if this will be a project of any kind yet or just striate work truck. Even if I do just get it for a work truck I will most likely do some small stuff to it. It's white 2WD with a 5.0 and looks like it's already been lowered. Not sure on how its been lowered but we will see when I get to see it in person if its been half assed or done right. He is askin 2500 for it, and not too familiar with these trucks I'm not too sure that is too much. Also seeing that I have not looked at in person yet idk what kind of shape is in for the most part.

Also with this being a truck I'm thinking the only differences will be for the most part the rear end config?

If I do end up making this a project I think this would be the perfect chassis to do some kind of swap in it. Iv helped out on some Mustang swaps from V6 to V8 and went pretty well for the most part. But not to fam with Chevy I will be doing some research into finding some kind of doner like a busted SS Camaro new body style or going old school and dropping a strait carb engine and make it all motor which I have always loved.

Other quick question, is there a difference in a vortec and LS engine? I have not done much research into it but if someone has a quick definition if they are different let me know. Thanks.

Open to thoughts?!!?

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I have not been able to look at it so far just pics and only been told from the guy selling it that its a 5.0L, the 305 for chevy compared to the 5.0L 302 for ford right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh