Looking at 2009 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up I think the 2007-2014 denali was offered in 2WD and AWD so make sure to verify these are AWD when you look at them. I agree it sucks they weren't optioned with 4WD with selectable transfer cases. I prefer that so I can turn it off when I don't need it. And 4lo would be bice, although even when I had it in my previous 4x4 durango I never found myself in situations needing it. The AWD in my 2006 has been quite capable in the dnow where i live. And it handles well going around the windy mountain roads which I like. So thats something to consider when thinking about your options.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been able to use a van from work and the wifes car here and there so I haven't purchased anything yet. I have a little time to look for something.

I know you all recommended the XL but I came across this today on craigslist and it seems like a killer deal, depending upon how it looks in person.

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/6051080179.html

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe it's been 4 months since you started looking. Lol

Looks good and low miles.
Your luck is soon to change for sure. Funny typo the OP spelled it Danali.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe it's been 4 months since you started looking. Lol

Looks good and low miles.
Your luck is soon to change for sure. Funny typo the OP spelled it Danali.

Haha yeah I hear you on that. I was out of done for almost 3 months so stopped looking. Didn't think my Jeep would take a shit on me as fast as it did. I need to get something here shortly though before the wife yells at me for always taking her skinny minny lol.

I would like a Denali but they are getting hard to find up here, otherwise way overpriced.

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been able to use a van from work and the wifes car here and there so I haven't purchased anything yet. I have a little time to look for something.

I know you all recommended the XL but I came across this today on craigslist and it seems like a killer deal, depending upon how it looks in person.

https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/6051080179.html

I think you should offer him more than he is asking. I mean it is a Chevy Denali after all. That is the most rare of rare Denali's.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should offer him more than he is asking. I mean it is a Chevy Denali after all. That is the most rare of rare Denali's.

Here is that same lady/guy who had the chevrolet denali ad on craigslist. They now have it listed on Cars.com. It looks pretty clean from the pictures. Might be able to get for 28 possibly? Would have to talk to them.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/697092076/overview/

Only downfall is its not an XL

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KBB comes back with 27,200 Private Party sell in good condition. 28k for very good and just over 30k for Excellent. I think the asking price of 30k is a little high. Try for 27k?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good in and out initially. Mileage isn't too high and the price seems in the ballpark you are looking for. I guess find any faults when you test drive it. Could be a winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14