Looking at 2009 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It belonged to my boss. I have been driving it mostly since June 2016 and bought it in December 2016. I put probably 2/3 of the miles on it since they bought it in 2013 new. Currently it has only 18500 miles on it. Very happy with it as is the wife for her daily driver and my weekly washer....lol

Sweet deal you got there. Too bad I couldn't find a deal like that haha. Except I would like 4WD up here by me in the sticks of Wisconsin.

Been looking for a long time but either too overpriced or sold right away up here. Now that my Jeep is done for, I need to find something soon haha.

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white one seems well priced. It's worth a look especially since it's close to you. Drive it and see what it'll end up costing. Trucks are nice but these Yukons are made for our wives and trust me from experience don't make you wife daily a truck with kids. Get her what suits her best. Also that dealer may negotiate after you come in and spend time with the vehicle. With your Jeep in bad shape you need to get something. I would stay away from that black one.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white one seems well priced. It's worth a look especially since it's close to you. Drive it and see what it'll end up costing. Trucks are nice but these Yukons are made for our wives and trust me from experience don't make you wife daily a truck with kids. Get her what suits her best. Also that dealer may negotiate after you come in and spend time with the vehicle. With your Jeep in bad shape you need to get something. I would stay away from that black one.

Lol. My wife has a skinny minny we just purchased a few months ago. That is her car/family car when we go on trips. I wouldn't have to worry about her driving this vehicle too often, which is why I keep trucks in mind. She has a 2015 Kia Sedona, which I'll admit, does ride very nice on the highway.

I did a quick calculation on the white one. I plugged in 29k out the door and I'm looking at 357 a month. Not sure how I'd swing that with the Mrs. lol. Plus insurance will be an extra 26 a month as well.

Too bad its not black interior, that would be my preference. It does look very clean though.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten yet, still looking for a vehicle. Been out of town the past 2 months and haven't had much time. Although it's now getting down to the wire that I need to find something very quickly.

The white one for 30k is sold now. The black one for 25k that had the check engine light on is still for sale, listed at 24,500.

I did stumble across a couple others while looking and would like to get your thoughts on these.

Choice 1:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...d=true&filtersModified=true#listing=165626378

Choice 2:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...d=true&filtersModified=true#listing=168512819

Choice 3:
https://wausau.craigslist.org/cto/5990602417.html

Choice 4:
https://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/6026689860.html

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is 4WD even an option with the Denali? I see the first vehicle at least has AWD and I did a quick search on the differences and advantages. I like to use low range 4WD in rough conditions because I feel like it gives me much better control. That's not an option with AWD is it?

Anyway, personal preference would be to find something with 4WD.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali's are all AWD. Their is no 4WD function switch on a Denali to switch to 4 high or 4 low.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Id go with number 3. I just bought an 07 a few months ago, not an XL tho but 1 owner with 107,000 miles for around $18k, you can always get them down a little bit too with a private seller and/or cash. Also of course at least get it for blue book value according to your area.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id go with number 3. I just bought an 07 a few months ago, not an XL tho but 1 owner with 107,000 miles for around $18k, you can always get them down a little bit too with a private seller and/or cash. Also of course at least get it for blue book value according to your area.

Choice 3 according to blue book, is worth $17,819 in excellent condition. So i think 20k is a little steep. I'll offer him 16,500 and he will probably tell me to take a hike lol

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Choice 3 according to blue book, is worth $17,819 in excellent condition. So i think 20k is a little steep. I'll offer him 16,500 and he will probably tell me to take a hike lol
Its hard for someone to expect more than blue book unless they can somehow show why theirs is better than everyone else's. Their probably askin 20 becuz they know its worth 18 and that leaves room for negotiation. In the end, it all comes down to what you want, as in color, year, features, previous owners, mileage, service records, then take your best shot at it and see what you come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu