Looking at 2009 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news and Bad new. The good news is the black Denali XL is still for sale. It had a potential deal on it but it fell through.

The bad news is that while on the test drive the check engine light came on. It threw the codes P0171 and P0174. Too lean on Bank 1 and Bank 2 he told me.

He said it could be a number of things/issues and every person will tell you a slightly different thing that could be wrong. They will send it to a GM mechanic and have it looked at and fixed, but that would set it back a few days.

I have an appointment setup to drive down there tomorrow morning and look at it. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive one way. So I would purchase it and would like to bring it back at the same time I do so. I told him this and he said they could more than likely give me a better deal on the truck.

I guess my biggest issue is, this truck seemed like a screaming good deal and its been for sale for over 2 months, it had a potential deal and this customer didn't purchase it. Now its throwing check engine codes.

Something to stay away from?

Any ideas what those codes could be? Do I keep my appointment and head down there and if I like it, offer a lower price and drive it home as is?

My jeep has finally died and now I have no car. So I need to find something here ASAP. Any help/thoughts/ideas/opinions/suggestions would be great!

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news and Bad new. The good news is the black Denali XL is still for sale. It had a potential deal on it but it fell through.

The bad news is that while on the test drive the check engine light came on. It threw the codes P0171 and P0174. Too lean on Bank 1 and Bank 2 he told me.

He said it could be a number of things/issues and every person will tell you a slightly different thing that could be wrong. They will send it to a GM mechanic and have it looked at and fixed, but that would set it back a few days.

I have an appointment setup to drive down there tomorrow morning and look at it. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive one way. So I would purchase it and would like to bring it back at the same time I do so. I told him this and he said they could more than likely give me a better deal on the truck.

I guess my biggest issue is, this truck seemed like a screaming good deal and its been for sale for over 2 months, it had a potential deal and this customer didn't purchase it. Now its throwing check engine codes.

Something to stay away from?

Any ideas what those codes could be? Do I keep my appointment and head down there and if I like it, offer a lower price and drive it home as is?

My jeep has finally died and now I have no car. So I need to find something here ASAP. Any help/thoughts/ideas/opinions/suggestions would be great!

Fuel pump. Don't buy it. Unless you want a fixer upper.

Remember, you get what you pay for. These trucks have a high resale value for a reason. If you try and cheap out, it will come back to bite you. Unless you're willing to spend the time and effort fixing it up, that's a different story. I'd walk. Who knows what other problems it will have down the road.

Of course, this is just my opinion and advice.

03_GMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the white one still for sale? That one looked like a better deal especially now?

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the white one still for sale? That one looked like a better deal especially now?

Yes the white one is still available and much closer to me. The price is a little more then my wife wants to spend. Not sure if I could talk her into it. Wanted to keep payments around $300 a month if possible.

This place also seems strict on their price and don't seem to negotiate much on it..

Does that price seem high to you?

Link for a refresher......

http://www.lenzauto.com/vehicle-det...player-awd-1-owner-fond-du-lac-wi-id-16738595

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's high but if it doesn't have multiple problems that the black one has then I thinks it's worth the price. Like he said above, you get you put into it. If you low ball on the black it could end up having many other issues. But at the same time you wont know on that black one unless you drive it. I say look at the white one. Talk your wife into price point on
the white one if it doesn't have any issues

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is relative to geographic area. Check out online for your zip code and price with that low mikes on 2011. Doesn't seem to high to me.

My 2013 Suburban LTZ was lower miles and right around that price private sale , but booked out much higher.

May be worth a serious look at this point. At least to rule it out or consider it as a viable option.

Especially now with limited Jeep options. Just my .02.

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore

Did you just pick up that suburban? Dont remember seeing it in your signature before.

Beautiful looking truck

OP
OP
D

DonnyJones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.primemotorsmn.com/inventory/details/25826794

A dealer that had a nice Denali I liked also has this for sale now.

It has the 6.2 in it with low miles and a decent price.

Thoughts? I know its not an SUV and its not a denali but if solid it would last me a long time.

It's mostly a vehicle for myself and to get to work and back. Haul my tools and tow once in awhile. Would maybe have a kid or 2 in it once in a great while.

Stick to the Denalis/SUV's? Or look into the truck?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It belonged to my boss. I have been driving it mostly since June 2016 and bought it in December 2016. I put probably 2/3 of the miles on it since they bought it in 2013 new. Currently it has only 18500 miles on it. Very happy with it as is the wife for her daily driver and my weekly washer....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu