Long time lurker, finally registered. 2003 Yukon Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MannyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20170311_150137.jpg
2003 Yukon Denali, bought it in 2016. 175k kms (110k Miles for you yanks)

Put the HD hood on it asap, buddy had it sitting in his junk yard. It has been painted to match since i took this pic.

Picked up these 26" giovanna blingy blingy wheels for cheap,with brand new falken tires, that i will be putting on next summer.
IMG_20170925_2130203.jpg

Plan is to do the following:

NorcalSS 3/5-6, helper bags, and panhard bar.
- Anyone have videos/instructions, truck has autoride that I'm gonna get rid of.

Escalade Ventcaps/roof rack (picking them up this weekend)

Brakes!
- i want to put the 07+ 13" brake on but don't know if i should buy new or buy buy everything from the junk yard? Please help!

Performance - Volant intake (its prettier than the other ones), aero turbine 3535xl exhaust and a blackbear tune.

Timeline for all of this is 6 months.

Looking forward to your input.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. A good list moving forward. HD hood looks good.

OP
OP
MannyB

MannyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the build myself.

If anyone could help me with info on the 07+ Brake upgrade that would be awesome. i need to get this done asap.

Should i but from the salvage yard or get all new gear?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the funds, buy it new. But shop around -- don't pay dealer price.

Just my $0.02's worth.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the build myself.

If anyone could help me with info on the 07+ Brake upgrade that would be awesome. i need to get this done asap.

Should i but from the salvage yard or get all new gear?

I just purchased the 07+ ACDelco front calipers on Amazon for $49.87 each including the $45.00 core charge. When I ship back my old calipers I will be out less than $10 for my new calipers.

I'm going with Bendix Fleet Metlok rotors and pads front and back to increase braking since I mostly use my Yukon for towing. Also going to upgrade all 6 of my rubber brake line to stainless while I have all four wheels off.

I need to ask how you fit the HD hood on a Yukon? My understanding was that the Tahoe / Suburban / Silverado had a different headlight profile and their hoods didn't work on a Yukon. And from what I have found the Sierra 2500 didn't have the bull nose hood.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MannyB

MannyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info bros. ill go with the new calipers. so all i need is the caliper, rotor, and the brake lines? no brackets?

as for the hd hood, i had the hood cut to fit the larger headlight shape. hood cost 100$ the labour and paint was 680$.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info bros. ill go with the new calipers. so all i need is the caliper, rotor, and the brake lines? no brackets?

as for the hd hood, i had the hood cut to fit the larger headlight shape. hood cost 100$ the labour and paint was 680$.
The calipers should come with the brackets. You do need them. And of course don't forget pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts