Long shot - anyone have a drawing for metal front skid plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone who is unsatisfied with the factory front plastic "skid plate" has had the plan I have. I'd like to have the local job shop cut and bend a stainless skid plate that will attach in the factory bolt holes. I'd like one that is angled and then has a wing on each side to be quasi vertical to stiffen it. My '11 Ave is going to see some rough terrain, and that plastic thing is not going to come even close to cutting it. Behind this, I'll use the factory oil pan and transfer skid plates.

Does anyone happen to already have a drawing or cad file for such a beast?

OP
OP
J

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Are you happy with the one you got? I would happily pay for one someone had already gone to the trouble of designing, I just didn't find any good ones for unlifted trucks.

Do you mind posting a link?

I could also take the measurements and do the drawing if others were interested in having their own made.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you happy with the one you got? I would happily pay for one someone had already gone to the trouble of designing, I just didn't find any good ones for unlifted trucks.

Do you mind posting a link?

I could also take the measurements and do the drawing if others were interested in having their own made.
Yes and yes, i need a few hrs tho. Still wrking

OP
OP
J

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Thanks, that does look like just what I'm looking for. I think I'd prefer to have mine made out of stainless though, so I emailed the seller to ask if they'd license their design for one time use.

I agree, the louvering isn't going to add any airflow or anything.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really just wanted a ‘little’ more protection. I have a plow on my hoe and if i hit a rock or too much heavy snow piles up behind the plow this will help more than that plastic pos. It’s exactly like the factory z71 skid plate pkg for the motor unlike the thin steel transfer case skid plate. Like @01Konvict told me and obviously enough you cant see it so its not so much for looks as it for a little more piece of mind. I made and offer to the seller of less than listed price and he accepted, so that helped my decision to buy it even easier. The only that killed my transaction was shipping from Cali to NY, but still completely worth it for me and even though i def could have bent something up myself. i have no time with 3 little kids and this def saves me time. I coud snap pics and measurements if you still want. Good luck bud

OP
OP
J

JasonPAtkins

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Once I hear back from him whether he's willing to license the design so I can have it made locally the way I want or not, I'll let you know. Thanks!

Finelinetoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about wanting to have.it licensed for a one time knock off. Just do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu