Loading tune on 15+ with push button start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im reading through the directions before I do my logging in a day or two.

I noticed that the instructions say to turn the "key" to accessory only and not to start the truck at some points...

How does one do that with the push button start?

I've never thought about it before. It's always, hop in truck, foot on brake and push button and go!

Just trying to get it all sorted so I can set it all up and get it logged then tuned with no surprises!

(I told you I have the computer IQ of an infant)

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Don't you just hit the button with out your foot an the brake ? I am not 100% sure. my in laws new corolla is like that.

scott6760

Reaction score
If you press the button without your foot on the brake it won't start. The dash and the radio light up, but I'm not sure if this is considered the 'acc' position or the 'on' position. Or maybe there is just one combined 'acc/on' position on the new models...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous post... Push and hold the start button for >5 sec WITHOUT touching brake. Vehicle will turn on but not start.

Have fun!

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol!!! I'll try it out Sunday when I can get away with the car long enough to do logs

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I got it figured out. Just keep your foot off the brake! Got the logs etc sent in on Sunday! Can't wait for the tune!