Lincoln Aviator concept NYIAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You limit what vehicles you’re allowed to consider/buy?

Oh jeez .. Here we go again. Listen, bro, I have read ALL of the conversations about brands on here. I respect your points. BUT THIS IS A GM FORUM. This whole "fan boy" kick is much better suited for a general car/truck forum. Not to say we should limit discussion on brand vs brand, upcoming vehicles, etc, but if you expect anything other than the majority of people here to be loyal to GM for whatever reason, you're kicking a dead horse.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You limit what vehicles you’re allowed to consider/buy?
very few cars/trucks fit my bill, most are to small for me the bigger GM trucks workout great, my advice is if you think you like a particular car or truck then go rent one and drive it around a bit, you find out real fast if it's for you or not.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think its a good looking SUV. I also like what they did with the Navigator. I traded in a 2006 Navigator with well over 200K miles on the odometer for my '16 Tahoe. I loved that truck. Never gave me any trouble and towed my Stingray boat around like it wasn't even back there. My biggest issue with Lincoln right now is the engine choice. I'm sure the twin turbo V6 is a capable motor but I'm old school (and perhaps ignorant) in my thinking and was raised on the principal that a big SUV should have a V8. My 70 year old uncle clowned my Tahoe for ONLY having a 5.3L when I could have got a truck with a 6.2L. So for me it would really come down to powertrain selection over styling.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh jeez .. Here we go again. Listen, bro, I have read ALL of the conversations about brands on here. I respect your points. BUT THIS IS A GM FORUM. This whole "fan boy" kick is much better suited for a general car/truck forum. Not to say we should limit discussion on brand vs brand, upcoming vehicles, etc, but if you expect anything other than the majority of people here to be loyal to GM for whatever reason, you're kicking a dead horse.

I absolutely understand LIKING a brand. I've had multiple models from a single manufacturer over my life so I'm not saying its a bad thing. What I cant understand is actually disallowing myself from seriously considering another make because the emblem isn't the one I'm supposed to buy. There are, literally, people who ONLY buy GM, even when they were churning out total garbage.

But your point is valid. If someone wont drive another vehicle then a random dude on a forum isnt going to convince them they should.

Last edited:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think its a good looking SUV. I also like what they did with the Navigator. I traded in a 2006 Navigator with well over 200K miles on the odometer for my '16 Tahoe. I loved that truck. Never gave me any trouble and towed my Stingray boat around like it wasn't even back there. My biggest issue with Lincoln right now is the engine choice. I'm sure the twin turbo V6 is a capable motor but I'm old school (and perhaps ignorant) in my thinking and was raised on the principal that a big SUV should have a V8. My 70 year old uncle clowned my Tahoe for ONLY having a 5.3L when I could have got a truck with a 6.2L. So for me it would really come down to powertrain selection over styling.

The Navi engine is more powerful than the Tahoe in all ways but irrationally, I agree, I'd prefer an 8...Literally for no other reason than the sound lol.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you mean you've purchased many different brands over the years (2000 an beyond) and out of all of those, GM's have worked out the best for you.

Thats completely reasonable.

Yes that assumption would be correct,... Im 58 yrs old and have owned numerous vehicles in all makes and models, so many I couldnt begin to count or remember them all, bought and sold vehicles my entire life and in just about every case made money on each one by fixing them up...... my favorites have always been GM. But your statement about GM turning out garbage is not entirely true. Yes during the 80's they had a run of economy boxes that I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy,.... but at the same time GM always made excellent trucks, SUV's, Caddy's, ect.... Talking full size truck,...Ford with there I-Beam front ends were garbage,...Dodge made work horses but the ride was always crude and unrefined....fast forward to present day and they all are much more refined. Full size truck have made an amazing comeback that also reflects in the current pricing....although living in the Northeast youd be hell bent to find a newer Dodge (Ram) without rusted through fenders,... and ford has been plagued with mechanical issues....so still prefer GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9