lighting schematics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have these? Looking to switch my footwell lights to map to the dome lights. I'm assuming this means simply splicing one wire into the dome light wire. Just not sure which one it is. Thanks. 0fe445c40ad12a479535cf12ca658869.jpg

Throttle Boss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have these? Looking to switch my footwell lights to map to the dome lights. I'm assuming this means simply splicing one wire into the dome light wire. Just not sure which one it is. Thanks. 0fe445c40ad12a479535cf12ca658869.jpg
I added LED lights to the foot well on my 2016 Tahoe LT. I connected to the dome light circuit so that all works together. It is the solid gray wire in the module on the far left. The picture shown is upside down from my car so this is the easy way to find the module that you need. Open your car door, the dome light comes on. Unplug the module one by one until the dome light goes out, indicating you have found the correct module. Remember that your dome light is connected to a timer so if it takes you a long time to unplug each module, close your door and reopen to reset the timer. Once you find the module, connect your LED power wire to the solid gray wire. The other LED wire goes to ground. Note: LED lights are polarized. They can be easily tested before installation, on your car battery by touching the wires to each terminal.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but, why do you want to do this?

Because there arent footwell lights that come on when you open the door.

And I want footwell lights that come on when you open the door.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, okay.

I have a Yukon SLE. In each of the foot wells, I found a 2-pin connector that just plugged into the dress knee panel. Yeah, just going nowhere. I checked them out and they get power with the door opening, although they do seem independent of the dome. They stay on longer than the dome. I wired them both up to a couple of surface-mount led pods that I had, now I have footwell lights too.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, okay.

I have a Yukon SLE. In each of the foot wells, I found a 2-pin connector that just plugged into the dress knee panel. Yeah, just going nowhere. I checked them out and they get power with the door opening, although they do seem independent of the dome. They stay on longer than the dome. I wired them both up to a couple of surface-mount led pods that I had, now I have footwell lights too.

I have ambient lights in both front and back footwells but they stay on permanently. Do yours actually shut off at some point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC