Light Knob Gone Dark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hands are covered in scars from turning wrenches and wrestling engine blocks out from under hoods. After getting them back from the machine shop, we'd wash them and hose them down and I'd usually pick up a few more cuts and scrapes. I first saw guys using gloves when I worked for a truck parts company and shop. Can't do it myself neither, gotta feel what I'm working on, lava bars, gojo and now dawn dish soap is fine enough for me.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The switch is mounted to the black panel... just pop out that panel and then use a screwdriver to get the switch out of the panel

14PPVHOE

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a '14 2WD PPV Tahoe - My headlight switch died as well. Is this a fairly common problem ? I tapped on it and it flashed on for a second but doesn't stay lit. The dimmer switch is fine.

Is it my understanding that the switch itself can be replaced and not the entire panel.........?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our switches both died a couple weeks ago. I've not heard of them going bad but then I posted about mine and Nathan's went out too. Stuff wears out. There are two part numbers I believe, one for those with fog lights and one without. Nathan and I posted different numbers but one superseded the other (we both have fog lights).

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's been out since like a month after I bought it in 2014. New switch showing up tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore