Lifting Help??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LawMan42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of getting a 2007 LT Tahoe. I am wanting to run a 17x9 or a 18x8 wheel with 33's. I have looked at 4 inch lifts and leveling kits till I am blue in the face. I have looked at Rough Country, CST, Cognito, DBS, and on and on. I do not want to move any higher than a 4" lift.

My goals are:
1. More aggressive stand
2. Improve the offroad capability
3. Be able to keep as close to Factory MPG as possible.

I do plan on adding some items under the hood to help with the MPG.

Any and all help is needed.

Lil_Stump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS, Fabtech, and Rancho are the 3 I would be looking at for specifically a 4" lift. Would not go with Rough Country, as in my opinion their lift kits are really only suitable for mall crawlers. I have their 3.5 kit on my truck now, and although I do like it, I would not recommend it to anyone that plans on taking their truck even minor offroading, I just don't trust it. Also, I'd be looking for a lift kit that has coilovers, as those will really improve offroad capability and ride. However, just going off my own experience, don't expect your MPG to take a small hit, it's going to drop a good bit if you throw some mud tires on it for offroading. You can save some by getting more aggressive all terrain tires, or hybrid tires. The new Nitto Ridge Grapplers seem to be what everyone is raving about lately, and from what I've heard they are very quiet on the road and don't cause too much MPG loss. Personally, I'd go with BDS's 4" Coilover kit, some 20x10 wheels, and 295/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. If I had the money this is exactly what I would do to my 07 Tahoe.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I second @Lil_Stump on the 4" BDS kit. I saw one in person on a z71 hoe and it really looks good. Second kit which I prefer but is hard to find now is the 4" CST kit since it doesn't increase track width so you can run wider wheels. Such as 22x10 or x12 forces on 33s.

Nallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 07 I'm running a supreme suspension 2.5 front 1.5 rear. 275/70/18 (33.4) I had some trimming but nothing major. It sitting level once the air suspension kicks in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345