Lifting a 2000 z71

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by DaBlue_z71, Dec 5, 2017.

1. DaBlue_z71

DaBlue_z71 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Rigo
    Good afternoon everyone, I am beginning to get everything set up to lift my 2000 ChevyTahoe z71(old body style). I know that I want a 4" lift and it's going to be a suspensionlift as I don't want to risk running spacers for the body lift and it messes with the physics of the vehicle. I am looking for the best cost effective setup I can find, wether it be buying a kit or building my own kit. I also don't have a place to work on it so I will be having a shop do the work. If anyone has done this work before and can give me some pointers I'd appreciate. I'm trying to find the least expensive route I can take to get this done while also not getting complete and utter crap

2. MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho Texcellent Supporting Member

Name:
    Spencer
    I think for a 4" lift you'll need to drop the front differential. But a 3" will just need keys and lift blocks or specific lift springs in the rear.

3. 1BADI5

1BADI5 Full Access Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    With a 4" kit it should drop the diff, part of the kit

4. On3honksgo

On3honksgo Member

Name:
    brandon
    If your doing the 4in, Might as well do the 6in, or just crank your torsion bars a little