Lifted Yukon XL - Suburban - ESV pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvoisel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks!

I was torn on what to do, I had the lift, a 2/3 drop, the rims, and 2 sets of tires so I couldn't decide if I should go up or down. I'm happy with how it came out, dont think I would have liked it lowered.

Felix, where are you in Louisiana?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah,,,gotcha :waytogo: I like the Nissan rims better :High 5: now that you've had both which do you prefer?

cttandy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah,,,gotcha :waytogo: I like the Nissan rims better :High 5: now that you've had both which do you prefer?

The suburban wasn't setup for big tires like my pickup is. It road rough, tracked badly, couldn't use over drive, and ate gas like it was wholesale priced. The kevlar tires on 18 inch wheels weigh around 150 lbs a corner at least. Stopping distance, well, it would never lock the tires up. It just kept rolling

With the nissan wheels, the burb is very precise and controled. It doesn't track or wonder at all. Braking is pretty good, and they are much lighter when I am servicing the burb.

Now my pickup is setup for big tires. Even though it is geared high, it has a very heavily built trans. The brakes are beefed up. It all works well when setup right. My pickup is currently on 245/70r16s it chirps the tires when it shifts and will throw you through the windshield when you stop.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine.

dscf28698120616.jpg

dscf28638030005.jpg

What size rims and tires are on your rig? Also, is it lifted or just leveled?

Thanks

SUBURBIAN

All Chevy
Reaction score
This is my daily driver. I'm 2nd owner. Bought in 2010 with ~150K miles, now about 223K. Good southern truck spent its life in MS, so no rust. I've done quite a bit to it. Rebuilt entire front end down to gearbox, fuel pump/tank, MC/booster, pretty much everything else you could consider a "wear part"; PS pump, radiator, wiper motor, etc., etc., etc.. Built 355 with MPFI, 600 horse built 4L60E, S10 converter, Magnaflow duals, 6" RCX lift, Bilstein 5100's, 4.56 Yukon gears/duragrip posi, 18" DC2's now wrapped in 34" Nitto G2's. Anzo low brow halos with HIR's, GMT800 tow mirrors, nice aftermarket HU/speakers, I don't think I'll ever be done building on this thing, from the little things to the $$ items.

20160105_135927_zpsjiwt19ct.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos