Lifted / Leveled 2013 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that upper arm is on the droop stop!!!! For real need some UCAs asap! Didn't know you were 2wd but the other parts seem ok.

Yeah no kidding regarding the UCA; that ball joint looks maxed out. IMO get after market UCAs with uniballs and/or get longer spindles. That would put a hurting on front CVs if you had them!

Truck looks great.

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding regarding the UCA; that ball joint looks maxed out. IMO get after market UCAs with uniballs and/or get longer spindles. That would put a hurting on front CVs if you had them!

Truck looks great.
Thanks, and Yes, new aftermarket UCAs are in the works.

ScrewbenSS

Reaction score
Have any shots of your work on the interior panels? Mine are in the process of being painted to color match exterior. Was wondering how yours came out?

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can try to get a picture of the radio bezel, I pulled everything else off, I felt the metallic silver net to the OEM gunmetal color by the air vents clashed a little. I am going to re-wrap in a gloss black. I can get some pictures up of that when I get it done.

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Some Updates....More pics to follow, but here are a few teasers:
wrangler%20duratrac_t.jpg
images.ashx

51pEp8EMpOL._SX355_.jpg

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!
Did some long awaited updates to the build.

Up front, I installed Bilstein 5100 lift struts on the 1.3" setting with 2" upper strut spacers and Freedom Offroad lift upper control arms.
In the Rear, I added bilstein 5100 shocks and updated the exhaust tips to the SLP resonator delete dual tips.
I swapped the headlights for aftermarket lights with clear corners
Repainted the grille gloss black with color matched badges
Colormatched the mirror covers and door handles
And mounted a set of 305/55r20 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
...And Clay Barred, Polished and waxed the entire truck.

full

full

full

full

full

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got upper arms. Take that front valance off and trim it
I actually had to replace the front bumper as well, I installed it without the valance at first, and I just didn't care for the look, it looked unfinished, so i put it back on. Maybe trimming it is a good compromise?

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also been playing with the idea of wrapping the lower part of the front bumper in gloss black, somewhat like the older Z71s
Thoughts?

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon