Lifted / Leveled 2013 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since getting the Tahoe in January, I've been slowly checking off a few things on my list of mods. I Finally Got around to getting some pictures of the progress so far. I will add more as they come.

List of current mods:

3" front / 2" rear Lift (Strut and coil spacers)
Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/55r20
Tinted front windows (20%)
Gloss Black grille
Color Matched grille emblem
Color Matched door handles
Gloss Black Rear Emblem
Tinted Tail Lights
L.E.D. Lights all around (reverse, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, DRLs, and ALL interior lights)
Colormatched (wrapped) interior woodgrain panels
Magnaflow 12589 muffler with dual tips straight out rear
Superchips Tuner
Airaid Jr. Cold air intake

Still on the To Do list:
Color Match wrap mirror covers
Color Match Rear Emblem with Gloss black surround (to match front)
Black out tow hooks
Black Wheels (Still unsure on this one?)

BEFORE:
full

full

AFTER:
full

full

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Looks good dude. I want to know how the angles are up front and any rubbing with those tires. Looks good though

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good dude. I want to know how the angles are up front and any rubbing with those tires. Looks good though
Thanks for your advise...as you can see, I didn't use it all. lol.

I'll get pictures of the angles. It aligned just fine and drives great!
I went with the seperate spacers, in case the angles were awful with the 3", I could take out the lower 1/2" and maintain the reccommended 2.5" spacer. But it seemed good enough so I went for it. I can always throw in some upgraded Upper Control arms at a later date if the stockers don't seem to be handling it too well. (Same with the rear shock extensions and sway bar endlinks.)

I had to do some minor trimming, but it's barely noticeable from 10 feet away. I did the small NORCAL trim in the rear of the front fender and made a huge difference. I'll get some pictures of those as well. I get a tiny bit of rub on the front sway bar at full lock, I have a set of 1/4" wheel spacers I might give a try to see if that helps any. But its not too bad (I am used to driving all sorts of vehicles with modified suspensions)

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The angles of the CVs/Upper Balls/ Tie Rods are my concerns. Anything over 2.5" is pushing it. Every car is different but 99% can't do it without issues. I knew those tires would rub and the norcal mod is a must for those sizes on a level kit. Still looks good but I would have stayed at 295/55R20 to avoid the sway bar issues.

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I got a killer deal on the 305s so i went for it. The only angles that may become an issue are the upper ball joints. I am sure down the road I will have to invest in a new set of UCA made for a lift.
full

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And some pictures of the trimming and clearance. I still have some cleaning up to do on the cuts. They look far worse in these pictures than in person.
Front:
full

full

Rear:
full

full

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Damn that upper arm is on the droop stop!!!! For real need some UCAs asap! Didn't know you were 2wd but the other parts seem ok.

Love the detailed pics!!! That really helps a lot of people here on the site! I did the front bumper brace trim on my Denali but no NorCal mod needed on rear side.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Any new updates on this build yet? Looks good so far, pretty clean. I am guessing your not a chrome guy, neither am I. I want to do a similar look to what you doing with yours so far but am looking to do a two tone with white and silver accents. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Bigmac18

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No big updates yet. I am looking at colormatching the mirrors soon, and possibly some LED lighting (Either a 50" lightbar above the windshield or some cubes in the bumper)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons