Lifted guys, did anyone have vibrations/bufeting prior to lift but now it's fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oceanhut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm researching Tahoes right now because my Grand Cherokee is about to come off its lease in April. Looking to do 2018 Tahoe w/2" level with 275/75/18 setup.

I've just learned about this vibration/buffeting issue and it's made me reconsider the vehicle. Did any of you have this issue and it was subsequently resolved once you swapped for larger tires and changed suspension?

I had a lemon CTS-V and I just cannot handle getting another car with issues lol.

Miamio96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Digging this back up. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am looking at 2016 - 2017 Yukon XLs and will be putting a 4 or 6 inch lift on it.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t speak from first hand experience as I haven’t done anything to my ‘16 Sub z71 yet. However, I do remember reading here or elsewhere that someone noticed less roof flutter after a level. I guess it’s possible the airflow changes once leveled, and if you believe the roof is a contributor to this problem, as many do, then it might help.

FWIW, I’ve got 50k on mine and buffeting isn’t an issue.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Only in 4wd might you get a vibration at highway speeds. If so drop in a dual cardan driveshaft to eliminate it.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never noticed anything before we lifted it, but we didn't put very many miles on it before we lifted it (6" with 35's). Drives great and no noise other than what you would expect with pro comp MT2's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018