Lift or level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm taking that the LCA is supposed to be in constant contact with those stops? I thought they wereonly there to basically stop travel but didn't matter that the never touch on my truck. Someone explain pls, and if them being in constant contact would give a softer or firmer ride. I'm pretty new to all this suspension stuff, but do know my way around the shop as I've done ALL of my work myself except for the knock sensors.

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the lower control arms are supposed to be in contact with the jounce bumpers, they are "not" bump stops , they work in conjunction with the torsion bars..
Mine had been missing and I went threw 2 sets of end links on my front sway bar, finally I researched the suspension design and realized they needed to be there to operate as designed....

adriferru17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the route i plan on going with it as well. 3 in front keys and 2in spacers. how much more did the z71 springs give you?

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the route i plan on going with it as well. 3 in front keys and 2in spacers. how much more did the z71 springs give you?
I have 2" spacers, Moog Z71 springs and extended shocks so I didn't need extenders. I'm at 40.5" rear fender to ground. I believe the z71 springs are 3/4" to 1" longer than the stock setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adriferru17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2" spacers, Moog Z71 springs and extended shocks so I didn't need extenders. I'm at 40.5" rear fender to ground. I believe the z71 springs are 3/4" to 1" longer than the stock setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the way it sits in your sig pic. I think that is the set up i am going with. i am glad you mentioned extended shocks because i didnt think of it,

thanks!:cheers:

Jetfumes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering if the jounce bumpers you have will work with a 2000 yukon XL?

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones I have in the photo are in a 2000 yukon xl.
If your xl is stock (non lifted keys) I would order the stock ones or have your torsion bar keys turned up a bit...