Lift Gate Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therealcrazy8

Reaction score
I have an '09 Hoe LT and my lift gate and rear wiper just stopped working. Not long ago, I would try to open the lift gate, via the key fob and manually, and I would hear the sound as though it was going to lift, but then I could hear it lock back up. Now, I hear nothing whether I use the key fob or do it manually. I have done some searching online but not coming up with anything. I am able to open the rear window just fine though.

I have looked at the fuses (23 and 44) but will be going outside now to check 23 in the instrument panel fuse block. So far, fuses look good. I am not sure what else to try. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: 23 in the instrument panel fuse block is also fine.

Thank you

Last edited:

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find the cause of this or a solution? Mine just started doing this today.

Reaction score
Can you get the lift gate open manually? If so, check the wire loom flex tubing at the top. I've heard that some of the wires could get frayed at this location and can be a problem area.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts