Lifetime Fuel Economy - 6.2 liter engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you read through the entire thread like I did, there are people who provided mileage figures from their 5.3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read through the entire thread like I did, there are people who provided mileage figures from their 5.3s.

The guy you quoted has a Denali. I was just wondering if you can get a Denali with a 5.3.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy you quoted has a Denali. I was just wondering if you can get a Denali with a 5.3.
This is one of the difference between regular Yukon and Yukon Denali and is a big one .
Only Denali come with 6.2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you have a 5.3 or 6.2? I’m assuming 6.2 but just want to make sure.

Yes, 6.2 with the 10 speed trany . Decided to go with the '18 with the reported extra mile per gal and adaptive cruise control; December "employee pricing " was an added bonus. Looks like others are getting better gas mileage but mine isn't even broken in and no mods yet. So far, glad I went with the '18. It will be interesting to see what the roll back on EPA gas mileage regulations does to future models.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I will said some people here don't like it,for me personal is a good option doing my long trips all over the nation and Canada .
I will said my 2018 Xl Denali Acc is better them my 2015 and very accurate .
However this is not a airplane autopilot, like some people here in the forum expected .
If you have use and enjoy works perfect for me.

Accuracy and/or lack of autonomy isn’t the issue folks have with ACC.

The issue is that it is way too conservative. On long lonely stretches of highways it’s great. On crowded, winding two lane highways it blows as its constantly reacting as you are passing vehicles etc.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Accuracy and/or lack of autonomy isn’t the issue folks have with ACC.

The issue is that it is way too conservative. On long lonely stretches of highways it’s great. On crowded, winding two lane highways it blows as its constantly reacting as you are passing vehicles etc.

One shouldn't be using ACC or any form of cruse on "crowded , winding two lane highways".

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One shouldn't be using ACC or any form of cruse on "crowded , winding two lane highways".
Is like a regular cruise control you never use in some stop and go or with a lot traffic.
I use must of the time on high speed roads freeways also in rainy situation but I select the large distance in the setting doing wet road.
However all this systems get confuse when the road isn't paint or traffic lights not working the infrared camera only read the paint markers to do the adjustment .
The lane keep assist works good will keep you in between the lines but the alarm will sound a lot if you do not hold the steering wheel .
[emoji106]

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That’s pretty much all we have in the NE.

I should have said ‘high volume’, not like rush hour traffic lol.

More like this but maybe not quite as congested.

c7a20324015fe8e8917208545343aee5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT