Level, 20x10s, and tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin S

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT and am ready to start modding. I came from a BMW 535i, so I dont know much about suspension, leveling etc.

I want to run my potential setup by the community to see if I will run into any problems.

What I want:
20x10 -24 wheels (open to -18 offset too)
33x12.5 tires Nittos or Amp tires
2.25 inch level (not sure which kit yet, open to suggestions -- and I dont want to go to high b/c I want to be able to park in the garage)

I do like the look of the wheel sticking out an inch or two -- and am worried if I go with 20x9 with a negative offset, it will not give me the look I am going for (it would just stick out a half inch or so, I believe),

Does anyone have this setup, and if so, will you post a couple pictures. I have searched far and wide through the internet and there seems to be conflicting info about this setup.

I am a bit worried about the tires rubbing, and while I dont mind trimming the wheel well, the guy at the off road store said the 33's will rub unless I do major fender trimming. I think he told me to run 275's or 285's which I am not really feeling....

The truck will be used for city driving 95% of the time, and off road for maybe 5% of the time.

Any help y'all can provide will be greatly apprreciated.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact NorcalSS who advertises on this forum and he can answer many of your questions.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Stay with 295/55R20 if you want to minimize trimming. Still going to be a fair amount of trimming to clear a x10 on level.

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay with 295/55R20 if you want to minimize trimming. Still going to be a fair amount of trimming to clear a x10 on level.
What about a 295/60/20 on stock rims or would a 305/55/20 work better?

OP
OP
C

Colin S

Reaction score
I want to get rid of the stock 18s and go with 20s. Also going for the blacked out look, so looking at black wheels. So would it be better to be skinnier and taller, or shorter and wider with the tires? Also, do you think with eaither choice I will have to trim the bumper or running boards, or just the wheel well? Thanks in advance for guidance will post pics once done. Just did HID upgrade with Vanquish Auto, and their customer service was great. Easy install but I received a bad ballast. They replaced and had it to me in tow days. The 6000k hid 35 watts last look great (like ice), but they don't match the LED exactly. Have to do the 55watt 6000k to get the LED match.

tuzluk1349

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lift: front 2.25, rear 1.5
wheels 17, tires 33, offset negative

now in service, trying to put 35

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu