Lets see some pics of your garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys doing that epoxy yourself? I want to coat the floor of our garage now, but wasn't sure about the process of doing it right, aside from hiring a company.

The previous owner of our house didn't care much for the garage. It has an oil stain in the concrete and I used Krud Kutter and a pressure washer and it got most of the surface residue off, but there is still stains on the concrete.

Any suggestions? Or just save the hassle and have someone do it professionally?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my epoxy floor myself. Acid washed and scrubbed the floor with a hard brush. Then I hand painted the edges and I rolled the rest.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Robbie. It was not hard took an afternoon to wash and dry over night. Paint next morning 24hr dry

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did mine myself as well. I bought my house new, so I didn't have the unfortunate job of removing oil/grease stains, etc.
If you do it yourself, make sure you degrease and get up any stains you have as best as you can, etch the concrete, then let it dry. Make sure the concrete is completely dry before you roll on any pant or epoxy, otherwise you risk the paint/epoxy bubbling later. You can tape down plastic sheeting and leave it for about 24 hours, then check to see if any moisture has built up on the plastic. If so, there's still moisture in the concrete that needs to evaporate first. If the plastic is dry, you are ready to roll on the finish.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robbie I did mine in the summer and left the garage open all day and night empty and it dried in no time. I used a moisture meter to check the concrete

Cub200six

Banned
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358990203.732905.jpg

Not a Tahoe I know, but my girl drives it most of the time.. This is my pride and joy!!

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of nice garages. Here's mine.
sdc12756g.jpg

My garage Pc.

sdc12760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons