Let's see some pics of some lifted and leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The bolt hardware has the slot so the plates turn against bolt for adjusting. Looks like new plates are preset one area per hole. I'm curious to see how well they align the front end.

Panhard looks great! Nice to adjust it for center. Looks like you could use some longer sway links anyhow. Disconnect the brake lines at the 2 to 1 joint on frame to route cables on top of axle. Much cleaner look and less stretch on them. Zip tie to bar and bump stop for routing.

JJ351

Reaction score
The bolt hardware has the slot so the plates turn against bolt for adjusting. Looks like new plates are preset one area per hole. I'm curious to see how well they align the front end.

It should be interesting because they pretty much admitted to me that because most lifts call for stock alignment settings they really don't mess with anything, unless it's obviously screwed up or they replace the arms. Makes me wonder if they even checked it at all besides just driving it. My previous driver's side tire had uneven tire wear.

Panhard looks great! Nice to adjust it for center. Looks like you could use some longer sway links anyhow. Disconnect the brake lines at the 2 to 1 joint on frame to route cables on top of axle. Much cleaner look and less stretch on them. Zip tie to bar and bump stop for routing.

Cool, found the 2 to 1 joint. Looks like I just undo the jam nut, unscrew and reroute.

I didn't think I about new end links and was just gonna buy new bushings but you're right, it might mess with the geometry. End links are 13" center to center. Guess I need 15" now. Full Throttle carries them at that length in their 7" kit (possibly Rough Country too) but can't find a part #. I'll call them Monday. Thanks.

At this rate if I'm truly worried about the geometry, replacing the upper and lower arms would definitely be in order somewhere down the line. I should have just bought a completely different rear kit!

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
It should be interesting because they pretty much admitted to me that because most lifts call for stock alignment settings they really don't mess with anything, unless it's obviously screwed up or they replace the arms. Makes me wonder if they even checked it at all besides just driving it. My previous driver's side tire had uneven tire wear.

Cool, found the 2 to 1 joint. Looks like I just undo the jam nut, unscrew and reroute.

I didn't think I about new end links and was just gonna buy new bushings but you're right, it might mess with the geometry. End links are 13" center to center. Guess I need 15" now. Full Throttle carries them at that length in their 7" kit (possibly Rough Country too) but can't find a part #. I'll call them Monday. Thanks.

At this rate if I'm truly worried about the geometry, replacing the upper and lower arms would definitely be in order somewhere down the line. I should have just bought a completely different rear kit!

Sounds like they never checked the alignment. Get it done and ask for print out of as left.

Just pull each cable to get off the joint. Then route it on top. Did mine in 15 minutes. Yeah get longer arms so that sway is level. Just call them and see who has best price for length. What's the issue with geometry?

JJ351

Reaction score
Sounds like they never checked the alignment. Get it done and ask for print out of as left.

Just pull each cable to get off the joint. Then route it on top. Did mine in 15 minutes. Yeah get longer arms so that sway is level. Just call them and see who has best price for length. What's the issue with geometry?

It just seems that the Fabtech is a 6-8" kit in the front but the rear kit is 4-6". Like theoretically I would need longer control arms in the rear or new lowering brackets to compensate for the extra 2" I put in.

JJ351

Reaction score
I called Full Throttle, Rough Country, and Bullet Proof Suspension about sway bar end links. RC's is the same length as Fabtech's (13"ish). FT and BP makes theirs to order in-house and cost around $150. Then there's the custom option of using a turnbuckle/rod end kit from Ebay I found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M10-Turnbuc...hash=item25d520c5a6:m:m1SMqv_p9hv4EVWVqeXJdsw

rod.jpg

Around $90 Free shipping for the Ultra High Performance 350-390mm kit. 380mm is like 14.96"s and I need "15, so... I still can't get a hold of Cognito Motorsports but if they say 150 too I might go the turnbuckle route.

edit:

Better option:

http://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...id=17683&search=builderPart&tierOne=Universal

smwatermark.png

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I called Full Throttle, Rough Country, and Bullet Proof Suspension about sway bar end links. RC's is the same length as Fabtech's (13"ish). FT and BP makes theirs to order in-house and cost around $150. Then there's the custom option of using a turnbuckle/rod end kit from Ebay I found here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/M10-Turnbuc...hash=item25d520c5a6:m:m1SMqv_p9hv4EVWVqeXJdsw

View attachment 83332

Around $90 Free shipping for the Ultra High Performance 350-390mm kit. 380mm is like 14.96"s and I need "15, so... I still can't get a hold of Cognito Motorsports but if they say 150 too I might go the turnbuckle route.

edit:

Better option:

http://steinjager.com/shop/index.ph...id=17683&search=builderPart&tierOne=Universal

View attachment 83334

Talk to Mark or frank at fts and tell them you want the ones from a 7" Tahoe kit. They should be adequate for your lift. I used them with the fabtech 6" and 2" coils.

JJ351

Reaction score
Talk to Mark or frank at fts and tell them you want the ones from a 7" Tahoe kit. They should be adequate for your lift. I used them with the fabtech 6" and 2" coils.

I talked to a Keith who talked to Mark. Mark said $150.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
She finally got up in the air today. Supreme suspension 3 inch level, Z71 springs, bilstiens in all 4 corners, and 285/70R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs on Silverado work truck rims. I'll try to get better pics in the morning.
IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG

JJ351

Reaction score
Got the cams installed. The mechanic had a good idea about placing the lock cams on top of the originals because of the notch on the bolts. Anyway, it's all aligned again and everyone is happy.

caminstalled.jpg