LED's that require more than just plug and play?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the interior lights are all plug and play. And I don't want to upgrade my headlights.

1) But what LED replacements take extra wiring or devices to make work? I'd like to upgrade but just weighing the pros and cons.

2) What's the difference between a $10 set of led's that covers your entire interior (like 12 led bulbs)? And an LED bulb that costs $10 on it's own? Having a hard time finding a tutorial on just LED replacement lights for automotive other than headlights. Since this is a test. I'm very tempted to buy the $10 kit for the interior. And be done with it.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everything else, you get what you pay for in quality and in sometimes warranty/quality control. I went with an upper end LED bulb and they came with a lifetime warranty, which has more than paid for itself already several times over. For some reason the LED's do not like to be on when starting the vehicle with the change in draw. I have gone through several sets of bulbs and each time the place that I purchased them from has replaced them free of charge and they send them back to the manufacturer for replacement on their end. What I have gotten into the habit of doing (albeit a neusance) is to manually turn off my dome lights before I start my truck each time and then just turn then back on for when I need them after it is running.

I hope that helps.

Joe

burbplayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the interior lights are all plug and play. And I don't want to upgrade my headlights.

1) But what LED replacements take extra wiring or devices to make work? I'd like to upgrade but just weighing the pros and cons.

2) What's the difference between a $10 set of led's that covers your entire interior (like 12 led bulbs)? And an LED bulb that costs $10 on it's own? Having a hard time finding a tutorial on just LED replacement lights for automotive other than headlights. Since this is a test. I'm very tempted to buy the $10 kit for the interior. And be done with it.
Hello, I have leds in my fog lights, license plate lights and reverse lights, I got them from vanquishauto.com I m pretty sure they do have all the other lights we need, but haven't try those yet, just the exterior ones , I love them because these are super brights leds and i will definitely recommend you to them for any lights you may want to get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14