LED tailgate light bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED tailgate light bars...Who runs them? How well do they work? Are they mainly just for looks? How easy to install? Any brands better then others? What does everyone recommend?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you talking about a red led bar? that act's as a additional brake light and blinker? if so every single one I have seen has led's burnt out, I don't know of any brands but they all seem to suffer from this same defect.

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you talking about a red led bar? that act's as a additional brake light and blinker? if so every single one I have seen has led's burnt out, I don't know of any brands but they all seem to suffer from this same defect.

Yes the ones that act as an additional brake blinker and reverse. I am debating on whether to get one or not.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never personally had one.
But every time I see one rolling down the road it just looks like trash to me. They are always burned out or they flash the wrong way.

There may be good reputable brands out there, but I wouldn't know for sure which is good. Hopefully someone can get you the info.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I had one on my silverado and loved it-never lost a led.I have not or dont think you can fit one on our suv's their is no room to install it and be seen.Thats why you only see them on trucks because of the gap between the tailgate and bumper.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So after an inspection of the rear for 1, a 60 inch light bar will never fit ever.You could however mount a 40 inch max length with 3m tape thats what 90% of them come with anyway not screws.It would have to go on the bumper step pads on the straight part of the lip before the curves- that is the only place you would have a chance of it being seen.Here is a link to the step pads to get a reference. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-2000-2006-GMC-Chevrolet-Rear-Bumper-Step-Pads-LH-RH-Side-Set/132233729653?fits=Model:Tahoe&hash=item1ec9be9675:g:GzgAAOSwFJBZSX26&vxp=mtr Just go look at your tahoe or yukon with the hatch shut-tell me where you could mount it and be seen not a big enough gap between the hatch and step pad lip

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a gander at it, except min slopes down to where the strip would be angled down and not sure if it would be seen by that point. Maybe that isn’t the case on other years tho...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh