LED Tail Light Re-Wiring so Both Sets stay on (How To)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tap the running lights into the brake/blinker lights with a diode and vice-versa.

That should do the trick.

Which works well when you're in park, but not when you're in Drive. :p Unless you reeaalllyy want to get pulled over. Not sure how you can do this with diodes, unfortunately, because all of the front end lights are used while driving, unless you don't wig-wag.

Thinking again, if you do 24/7 lows and no DRLs, this would work, since the DRLs would only come on in park. But that's another mod.

Edit: Just confused myself. Prepare to disregard.

LazyAssLou

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to ask again if anyone has mastered this. Or has another set of lights come out that are better?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know... I wonder if you could take the circuit board from trailer led lights and wire it into these lights... That would give you the functions you want...

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to ask again if anyone has mastered this. Or has another set of lights come out that are better?

Yes: I have. And I believe I've answered all of your questions already. What more do you need to know?

Ya know... I wonder if you could take the circuit board from trailer led lights and wire it into these lights... That would give you the functions you want...

That's not necessary at all. This mod is very easy and quite modular once you understand how to jump the relays (always jump the relays - not the fuses). It's the cheapest, quickest, easiest, safest way to change your lighting system to do whatever it is you want it to do (you are not stuck choosing one particular mod this way).

Read my previous posts and you guys should be able to get all the information you need from them.

Let me know if I can help further.

EDIT: I forgot this was a new thread about an old subject. Check this out: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thread is useless without pics :pics-stfu:
Someone should do another write up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan