LED Puddle light draw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05YukonXL

Reaction score
So I have just recently installed LED puddle lights in the mirrors - festoon type. And I noticed the LEDs - even when not 'on' - emit the slightest amount of light. (They are JDM astar from a mazon.)

The photo is pretty much what the naked eye will notice at night. Is this normal? Or perhaps an issue with my LED's? Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• puddle-festoon-led.JPG
    puddle-festoon-led.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 19

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I've never seen that before. On the 05's do the puddle lights just shut off? Or do they dim and gradually fade until they are off? I have only ever seen this on vehicles where the dome light fades off. If the puddle lights do this, then that could possibly be why the LEDs are doing that.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should check the voltage at the LED bulb when it does that and then put the old regular bulbs in and check the voltage at the bulb again and see if there is any difference!

How bright are the LED's when the puddle lights should be on?

OP
OP
05YukonXL

05YukonXL

Reaction score
Long term update: They are still are 'dim' when not on... but seemingly have been working fine and no adverse affect on battery life. These are very bright when they are on at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum