LED power window switch mod 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwedgester

Reaction score
I wonder how much it would be for all four of my door panels and ac controls with the blue leds.

Barman84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My concern for this is the hot glue re melting here in Texas... You think epoxy or something else would work ok. Kind of a hope you get it right the first time shot though.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My concern for this is the hot glue re melting here in Texas... You think epoxy or something else would work ok. Kind of a hope you get it right the first time shot though.

Here in Louisiana it gets just as hot as Texas. I remember one time I even checked the interior temp of my truck (my alarm has this feature to check the temp on the remote) and it was 156° . The outside temp was well into the triple digits that day. Mine have been hot glued like this since 2009 with zero problems even with extreme heat.

drujtsu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Scotty,

Excellent write up! Just to be clear before I do this...

You wired all of your Hot + Ground to the outside pins? So basically I'll have 6 hot+ground wires going to that pin??

Appreciate the info.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scotty,

Excellent write up! Just to be clear before I do this...

You wired all of your Hot + Ground to the outside pins? So basically I'll have 6 hot+ground wires going to that pin??

Appreciate the info.

Yes. That's how I wired it. But I consolidated the wires together BEFORE that pin. I actually only had one wire soldered to each pin, but then all the wires were soldered to that wire a short distance from the pin.

Smash Adams

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey man,

Total newbie to the Tahoe/Yukon community here, but long time lurker. Happy to see your write up for 00-02 switch light conversions! This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, especially since my switch lights are starting to go as is.

Now, I don't really know anything about voltage or wiring LED's, but I've got everything I need and I'm halfway decent at soldering. I have but one simple question for you, and it might be a real dumb one, but I gotta ask - what kind of wires did you use for this mod?

Thanks for the writeup!

cdhayes2

Reaction score
Just ordered a ton of LED's. Can't wait to try this. Great write up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man,

Total newbie to the Tahoe/Yukon community here, but long time lurker. Happy to see your write up for 00-02 switch light conversions! This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, especially since my switch lights are starting to go as is.

Now, I don't really know anything about voltage or wiring LED's, but I've got everything I need and I'm halfway decent at soldering. I have but one simple question for you, and it might be a real dumb one, but I gotta ask - what kind of wires did you use for this mod?

Thanks for the writeup!

Just some 22 gauge stranded wire. Be sure to use stranded wire and not solid wire if you use solid wire (like telephone or thermostat wire) it will end up breaking. Keep in mind that the wire flexes when you push the switch. So be sure to leave enough slack to rock the switch back and forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu