LED power window switch mod 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will start my window switches on friday, any hints for the mirror switch??

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice mod, looks good and super bright!! Anyone know what bulb would be a direct replacement for a burnt out OEM one? Not sure if I'm ready to fully rework all the switches!

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice mod, looks good and super bright!! Anyone know what bulb would be a direct replacement for a burnt out OEM one? Not sure if I'm ready to fully rework all the switches!

this bulb should be suitable.

RadioShack part number 272-1154

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the same bulb I bought and used for my A/C buttons and comparing them to the still working window switch buttons, the a/c button seem a ton brighter than the window switches. I'll just have to crack one open and see what's in there!! Thanks for the help!

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the same bulb I bought and used for my A/C buttons and comparing them to the still working window switch buttons, the a/c button seem a ton brighter than the window switches. I'll just have to crack one open and see what's in there!! Thanks for the help!

that's probably because the window switch bulbs have those blue coverings on them, maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's probably because the window switch bulbs have those blue coverings on them, maybe?

Yeah, the window switchs have blue coverings on them, plus the bulb is in a diffuser to "spread" the light to the switches. There isnt a bulb right behind each switch. But the AC buttons have a bulb directly behind each switch, thats why they are so much brighter. Thats also why I decided to glue an LED directly beneath each window switch, because I wanted them brighter to match all the rest of my LEDs.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you separate the board from the plastic where the wiring harness connects? Looks like you didn't have to but was curious if you knew the right way to do so! I'm just replacing the bulbs with regular ones and couldn't figure out how to separate them without breaking the board!

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you separate the board from the plastic where the wiring harness connects? Looks like you didn't have to but was curious if you knew the right way to do so! I'm just replacing the bulbs with regular ones and couldn't figure out how to separate them without breaking the board!

You can't separate it unless you unsolder each harness pin from the board. I figured that out and just left it alone and did all my soldering on the top side of the board.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured as well, not sure if I'm gonna try that or not!! Thanks for the response and this thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts