LED out in my G5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my passenger tail light has the bottom LED out on the side marker (the row of 4)

Have only had the item for a month and asking the eBay seller about exchange but if I can't is there a way to replace a single LED???

Most people wouldn't notice this but now that I have it bugs the shit out of me....

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one of those go out on my 07 Charger, after that a whole row of LEDs went out and after that the crap wouldnt turn on. so I did what I do best threw them in the dumpster. haha
wish I could help but im pretty sure that you cant get access to those LEDs without taking apart the whole taillight.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replacing that LED will involve cutting into the back of the housings, they cant be opened otherwise

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
bake em desolder em solder new one in then seal back up

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When GM light assys have leds that go out, if the truck is under warranty, they replace them for free. I say this to point out that even oem light assys get replaced instead of individual leds. Hopefully the ebay merchant you dealt with honors whatever warranty/return policy is associated with your purchase.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
o. hell im cheap so id cut em and fix it. i know i dont have cash to throw away on a repair i can do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenn046

Latest posts