LED Headlights, Turn Signal and Fog lights - With Photos!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the resisters come with the lights, or do you have to order them separately?

It's a shame those headlights won't fit on a Tahoe without some cutting on the radiator support. Still, I may go with those turn signal lights. That looks pretty cook.

StevenStarke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the resisters come with the lights, or do you have to order them separately?

It's a shame those headlights won't fit on a Tahoe without some cutting on the radiator support. Still, I may go with those turn signal lights. That looks pretty cook.

they're separate but when you go to order them on amazon, it prompts you to order the resistors because most people buy them together.

StevenStarke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Enigma...

Noticed today my little orange side marker lights on my driver side are now out. Would the wire I chose to jump the resistor from
Possibly have an effect? Or you think maybe I just pulled the harness too hard and prob pulled a wire out?

Mooring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, these look like they might be worth trying, but before I click on confirm order, may I ask a couple questions?

I have a 2008 Yukon that I would really like to get more headlight throw--do a lot of night driving in deer country.

How much "work" is involved in putting these in? I mean in detail? I'm only mechanically competent enough to replace bulbs--and that's probably a day job. Is there any cutting, drilling, grinding, fabricating involved in this upgrade?

I'm going to assume I will get the hyper-flash. In detail, how to I install that resistor?

Any tips/tricks to the install--will be below freezing outside when I attempt to to this work!

Thank you.

StevenStarke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The light doesn't go super far but it's def way brighter and goes further than OEM. I just installed everything linked from the first post in my 2011 Denali.

Pass side:

Low beams - Went in pretty much hassle free. Air box has to come out and you pop out a little push clip and everything is right there.

Blinkers. You need the resistor thing. You use the supposed
Alligator clips to connect one end to the OEM blue wire and the other end to a black wire. You never cut any of the OEM Wires.

Fogs. Just reach up from under the truck. Nothing needs to be removed.

Driver side:

Take out the bolt on the thin bar which braces the rad support to the fender. Take out the fender side, loosen bolt on rad support And just turn the bar out of the way. Take
Out the top bolt of the washer fluid, pop clip off and Jam your hand in there. Low beam isn't bad but the blinker is a PITA. you barely have any room to connect the resistor too. This sucked.

Fog. Reach under like Pass side.

For some reason by driver side little orange parking bulb isn't working now either. Not sure what I did but I anticipate having to remove the headlight to figure it out. FML

quest51210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the headlights only reaching a treeline 100yds away?

Bly18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One thing to note I forgot to add was the Front turn signal, The 50W 6-Ohm load resistors may be needed to prevent the hyper flash.
I had to do this otherwise the only thing that it affect was the turn signal where it would flash 2x normal speed due to the low power consumption / resistance.

WHERE DID YOU BUY THESE LOAD RESISTORS???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu