LED Headlights, Turn Signal and Fog lights - With Photos!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
Hey Everybody I picked up a set of new LED headlights and turn signal and Fog lights.

These are the JDM astar G2 LED headlights
JDM astar 3030 fog lights and the JDM astar turn signal lights that display white in normal operation then change to yellow for flashers and turn signals.

I Put together a Youtube video to show how the White / Yellow lights work in action!

Very bright and no more issues on my 2014 GMC Yukon XL!!
Highly recommend the LED upgrade for a pure white light

Below are some photos to give you some comparison
Note: The house is ~300ft away and the yukon was on a little hill to get the headlights to point up a little bit.

Parking Lights only:
20161216_190358.jpg

Fog Lights + Parking Lights:
20161216_190424.jpg

Headlights (Low Beams) + Parking + Fog Lights:
20161216_190435.jpg

Outside with LOW beams

20161216_190312.jpg

Headlights:
JDM ASTAR G2 8000 Lumens Extremely Bright CSP Chips H13 9008 LED Headlights, Xenon White
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JYC0OVO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Turn signal Lights
JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 3030 Chipsets White/Yellow 3157 3155 3457 4157 Switchback LED Bulbs with Projector For Turn Signal Lights(Brightest Switchback bulb on the market)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017C6B5IU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fog Lights:
JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright 3030 Chipsets 5202 5201 LED Bulbs for DRL or Fog Lights, Xenon White
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BER43F0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
E

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
One thing to note I forgot to add was the Front turn signal, The 50W 6-Ohm load resistors may be needed to prevent the hyper flash.
I had to do this otherwise the only thing that it affect was the turn signal where it would flash 2x normal speed due to the low power consumption / resistance.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice! My cousin has the exact same switchbacks. Best you can get, they're a little extra $$ buy worth it imo. I plan in getting them after my retro.
They're a 5000k white and wouldn't match my 6000k hids i have now. And my switchbacks now are a 6000k 60 smd and not near as bright as my cousins astars.

OP
OP
E

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
Thanks! It was an absolute pain in the butt to remove the headlights to install the lights because they added in a tab on the side to inhibit the lights from coming out easily. Once I figured out how to pull the bolts on the top of the grill which give me enough room to pull out the light assembly, it was much easier than dropping the front bumper which some suggested!

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the glare / cutoff? Biggest concern with aftermarket lighting in factory housing is the blinding nature to oncoming traffic. Had HID lights in factory headlights for years and even aiming them I'm sure some people were annoyed with me.

StevenStarke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One thing to note I forgot to add was the Front turn signal, The 50W 6-Ohm load resistors may be needed to prevent the hyper flash.
I had to do this otherwise the only thing that it affect was the turn signal where it would flash 2x normal speed due to the low power consumption / resistance.

Would you mind explaining or showing where to install the resistors? I loved your write up and just ordered all of the same stuff for my 2011 Denali. Just not sure where to install the resistors for the blinkers?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
How's the glare / cutoff? Biggest concern with aftermarket lighting in factory housing is the blinding nature to oncoming traffic. Had HID lights in factory headlights for years and even aiming them I'm sure some people were annoyed with me.
Don't need to ask, you already know there's zero cutoff and glare everywhere. Personally pnp hids and leds don't bother me unless the headlights are aimed way up. I dont get "blinded". Yes theyre bright but I don't throw a fit over it lol.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was me in the truck (silverado). HID's, aimed down pretty good. Only small cars and people with non-tinted windows ever got upset. Got behind a few cops and they never complained to me...most assume the bigger truck just was in their eyes due to height.

StevenStarke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never mind, I figured it out on my own. The blue wire and any of the three black wires needed to be jumped with the resister.

OP
OP
E

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
Sorry not getting back to you earlier but glad you got everything figured out and setup! Enjoy the lights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts