Led headlights for 08 denali

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Jeffwiz87, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kwOH

kwOH Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Kenny
    By safe I mean safe to use in a reflector, Im tellin you go to TRS and read the info on the Morimoto 2stroke’s & go to vanquish auto’s website and read his info on True LED kits. They are not just for fogs, highs, & off road use anymore, they have found ways to make them safe in reflector housings for main driving lights. Like I said precise chip placement and adjustable beams have allowed them to create cut offs and eliminate beam scatter. & of course Cadillac would go with HID projectors over LEDs they want top of the line, and I agree HID projectors are top of the line.

Miami-Dade likes this.
  2. Agent WD-40

Agent WD-40 Full Access Member

Name:
    Eric
    FYI - the GMT900 Escalade came with HID projector headlights and had optional multi-element LED projector's on the Premium and Platinum models. From what I understand, the total light output is slightly greater on the HIDs but the overall beam pattern is better on the LEDs of that generation.

The K2xx has multi-element LED projectors on all Escalade trims. IMO the headlights on the K2 Escalade are the some of the best I've ever experienced - they are a wall of bright, even light.

IMO LED headlights are the future for OEM headlights. Even the Toyota Corolla has standard LED (reflector) headlights now - so price has come down enough to make them firmly mainstream. They are bright, efficient, and compact which enables new styling/packaging opportunities.

kwOH likes this.
  3. PNWMuseumman

PNWMuseumman Bow Ties Are Cool Supporting Member

Name:
    Chris
    You might want to check out Headlight Revolution, I ordered a set for my NBS. They'll be delivered today. I was pretty hesitant about spending that much on LED's that I might not be happy with, but they sound pretty reasonable with their return policy if you aren't happy with them and they have some pretty awesome comparison videos. Definitely worth checking out. I'll be posting about them in my NBS once I get them installed and can get some night comparison shots. Probably later this week.

4. Jonah52

Jonah52 Senor Asshat

Name:
    Jonah

Yeah I was referring to the platinums (I think). I thought they split them based on trim level for the new ones but I could be wrong. I don’t disagree that they are the future, I just don’t think dropping them in a scatter beam reflector headlight is going to net any useful gains.

I actually read an article that @01Konvict sent me and the escalade headlights on the k2XX are some of the best around...

5. rscalfani

rscalfani TYF Newbie

Name:
    Rich
    Hey all. I was wondering the same thing as the OP and it doesn't seem like I found it here. I think it's widely known that projector retrofit headlights are the best answer, but if someone wanted to keep OEM headlight housing in tact, what bulbs (LED/HID/High Performance Halogen) would we be best getting? Looking specifically for brands, links, etc.

OEM halogen bulbs are decent, but I am purchasing new headlights because one is cracked so since I'm going to have them out, I might as well put the best bulb possible in them while I can.