Led headlights for 08 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn’t crazy. The stock reflector is garbage and only designed for halogen bulbs. Everton slaps the brightest bulbs they can in crap housings... when in fact the correct projector housing is what you should be worried about. It’s just frustrating to consistently get blinded by $30 hid kits, and not proper or safe.
Read up on them, technology is advancing everyday, adjustable beams allows you to project the beam as need fit for your reflector, some brands have even found that simple placement of the chips can duplicate the light pattern of a halogen. I didn’t say anything about HID’s and the OP is specifically asking about LED’s, of course nothing can beat a HID projector, but they have found ways to make LED’s safe. Doesn’t go for all brand of course, like I said you’ll have to research and find what works best for your application.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
An LED is way more intense and will still blind people. The only real way to upgrade is a legit retrofit.

Don’t be cheap. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
An LED is way more intense and will still blind people. The only real way to upgrade a legit retrofit.

Don’t be cheap. You get what you pay for.
Seems like you have your mind set.....make sure you tell people this is just your opinion when you make suggestions that way so they don’t think its fact. Way more intense? Do you not think LED manufactures have tools to measure watts and lumens? You say “The Only Way”, the only way for what?

Ive agreed, the HID projector is great, but to say people are cheap for exploring other options and newer technologies doesn’t seem right, is this about the facts about lighting or are you just tryin to impress somebody.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
it’s my opinion from personal experience. He’s looking for projector retrofit performance but no one ever wants to pay for it. Just do it the right way the first time.

I put crappy bulbs in cars when I was younger, now that I’ve spent the money I would never go back. The glare inadequate reflectors cause will be there with any non halogen bulb to some degree. I don’t think blinding other people is cool just so you don’t have yellow headlights. On top of all of this the 07-14 headlights are absolute shit from the factory. I mean come on the nbs denalis at least had projectors.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
it’s my opinion from personal experience. He’s looking for projector retrofit performance but no one ever wants to pay for it. Just do it the right way the first time.

I put crappy bulbs in cars when I was younger, now that I’ve spent the money I would never go back. The glare inadequate reflectors cause will be there with any non halogen bulb to some degree. I don’t think blinding other people is cool just so you don’t have yellow headlights. On top of all of this the 07-14 headlights are absolute shit from the factory. I mean come on the nbs denalis at least had projectors.
No OP is looking for something to use in a reflector, and personal experience with crappy bulbs, thats on you, do the research and get not crappy bulbs, the brands with adjustable beams and precise chip placement have proven safe. No one is comparing projectors to reflectors, just giving the OP facts about LED’s since thats what he is interested in, and instead of saying “***”, I am just giving him facts about LED’s, in particular how they’ve advanced, which is also something he was asking about.

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
If you don’t want to spend the money on a retrofit the best alternative for stock headlights without beam scatter is PIAA bulbs. Yes they cost a lot but worth the output and color. I can tell you a retrofit is worth the money! I spent $300 on parts and did the work myself. That’s not far off from a $100 drop in hid scatter beam

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
If you don’t want to spend the money on a retrofit the best alternative for stock headlights without beam scatter is PIAA bulbs. Yes they cost a lot but worth the output and color. I can tell you a retrofit is worth the money! I spent $300 on parts and did the work myself. That’s not far off from a $100 drop in hid scatter beam
Heres the deal tho, the OP is saying he wants LED’s for his reflector type housings, the only reason he mentions projectors is because he does not want people to tell him to get them, he wants recommendations on LED’s. And what I was informing him of, which is also what he had suspected, is that LED’s have advanced and fairly recently, with adjustable beams and precisely placed chips, some brands have eliminated the cons that all of you keep referring to, such as beam scatter and so and so forth. Since the highest standard has been HID projectors for so long, a lot of people have not kept up with the advancing technologies behind LED’s, maybe in 5 years you guys will understand, but for now trust me on this, there are safe and good quality LED headlights on the market, if you don’t believe me, do the research for yourself, I encourage it.

mamcdonald

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I am sure this has been beat to death but looking to find some good led lights that will work without projector housings. All the housings I see are ugly and super expensive. I have hid lights now and work pretty good but want to switch. Anyone have any luck? I know all the bulbs have come a long way! Thanks!
Im looking at these and will order them on black friday
Low Beam: https://nam04.safelinks.protection....DBqogimpJ7KGlM1mvfhLytJROA03bBpqY=&reserved=0

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the problem isn't just the bulb, the problem is also the housing reflector, the OEM is designed for a bulb the emits light 360deg. With led your going to have gaps and it's going to show in the reflection, length of the bulb is going to matter also because this also affects the reflection.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t put HIDs or leds in a reflector housing. It’s dangerous and dumb.

Buy sylvania silverstars that are halogens and don’t blind everyone else or spend the money on a proper retrofit.
I can second this. I added HID bulbs to my 12 Yukon and they were terrible. More light output but overall less useful - very scattered and splotchy beam. I a high end HID kit too (with adjustable high-low beam modes). The big issue here is the light wasn't focused in the right spot in the housing so it didn't get thrown to the road in the proper manner.

I ended up with some Sylvania bulbs after this. Significantly better light output to the road than the HID kit and far more usable too.

For an HID kit to work it would need to not just have a lot of light but also placement of the chip exactly where the filament in the normal bulb was. There is not a lot of room for error either - the distance between the high and low beam elements is 1/8" or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout