LED guages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't seem to find LED lights in the stock guages color for my 04 suburban the closest I've seen is green but there a bit to green any recommendations it's for

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you wanting a dim white color to match the OEM color or are you looking for a green color?

OP
OP
L

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stock I just had a couple bulbs go out and I want to make them last longer so is there stick bulb just dim white and the green tint comes from the guages them selves?

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the green color honestly.
I got blue LED's in mine and there isn't any green tint so it may just be a slim green film on the gauges but I don't know.
As far as getting a dim color you may just have to get some resistors and put those with the LED's to drop the brightness a bit.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tint does come from the gauges themselves, and most of the switches. If you want it to be like stock see if you can find a warm white LED. They have the same light color as a halogen bulb. The issue is you can't use them in all the switches because some of the bulbs have blue rubber coating instead of the blue/green coating on the inside of the switch. Using a blue or green LED makes that difference from switch to switch not noticeable, but if you use a white you will clearly see it.

OP
OP
L

levilarsen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tint does come from the gauges themselves, and most of the switches. If you want it to be like stock see if you can find a warm white LED. They have the same light color as a halogen bulb. The issue is you can't use them in all the switches because some of the bulbs have blue rubber coating instead of the blue/green coating on the inside of the switch. Using a blue or green LED makes that difference from switch to switch not noticeable, but if you use a white you will clearly see it.
I'm just focusing on the instrument cluster right now thanks for the heads up though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9